Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Oct 29, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #796 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pilot Lump?
Mitch

The u still refuses to turn into an a.
As far as I'm aware they all have pilot lumps. Funny thing is I never noticed it on mine for months until someone pointed it out on this thread.

Oct 29, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #798 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuatara
The u still refuses to turn into an a.

eggosmile.gif

You too??
blink.gif
. . . . and here I thought my Yammy was just being stubborn.

Oct 29, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #799 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarryH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eggosmile.gif

You too??
blink.gif
. . . . and here I thought my Yammy was just being stubborn.

Tried everything Garry from pleading to threats and that confounded u just wont change.
Maybe its Mr Yamamotos private little joke.

Oct 29, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #800 of 1,351
Oct 29, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #801 of 1,351
Oct 29, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #802 of 1,351
^Just added my impressions to the thread.

Oct 30, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #803 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^Just added my impressions to the thread.

Thanks, again ...

Nov 2, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #804 of 1,351
just got my HA-02 today. it's just BEAUTIFUL

sounds really clean out of the box with my RS-1's. no hissing issues.

also had the luck to track down a pair of W11JPN's last week too. cant wait to hear them with the yammies.

i'm a member now
cool.gif

Nov 3, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #806 of 1,351
I've had my HA-02 for a couple of months now; so I thought I'd report on some inexpensive things I've done which have improved the sound. I'm using W5000 headphones and a Stello DA-100 DAC driven by a MacBook Pro with iTunes. I've found that good cables make quite a difference with this system. I'm using interconnects that I built from Neotech NEI-3002, and power cords of Neotech NEP-3002. They made an amazing difference from the old (I mean in age) cables I had been using. For one thing, channel separation is now extremely good, and this has really improved the soundstage. And, of course, clarity has improved. Sonic Craft is my favorite source for this wire and other audio goodies.

I have also used Walker SST on the tube pins and connections. I felt that this made a useful improvement, but it is harder to define. I have also used Herbie's tube dampers which may or may not have helped, and I had some old footers around; so I used them. Even if they don't help they sound, they make my setup look tweakier.

All in all, I'm very happy with the Yammy.

Nov 3, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #807 of 1,351
Just want to throw another set of phones into the mix that works well with the Yamamoto, the Grado SR325.
This is a headphone I hadn't really spent much time with so borrowed a pair from a friend yesterday and spent a few hours last night having a good listen.
The music was mainly quieter, more acoustic based stuff like Lambchop and Emmylou Harris/Linda Ronstadt but I am very impressed with the combo.
The highs are clear and clean, maybe better than the RS1s, lacking a little midrange compared to the woody brother, and good enough for me in the bass(well not exactly bass head material I was using).
Given the 325s reputation for brightness I had thought that the female vocals would have caused a few problems but no, just sweet,sweet music.

I had been toying with the idea of adding a pair of metal Grados or Alessandro's at one stage, guess I'll have to revisit that thought now in the new year.

Nov 3, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #808 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuatara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just want to throw another set of phones into the mix that works well with the Yamamoto, the Grado SR325.
This is a headphone I hadn't really spent much time with so borrowed a pair from a friend yesterday and spent a few hours last night having a good listen.
The music was mainly quieter, more acoustic based stuff like Lambchop and Emmylou Harris/Linda Ronstadt but I am very impressed with the combo.
The highs are clear and clean, maybe better than the RS1s, lacking a little midrange compared to the woody brother, and good enough for me in the bass(well not exactly bass head material I was using).
Given the 325s reputation for brightness I had thought that the female vocals would have caused a few problems but no, just sweet,sweet music.

I had been toying with the idea of adding a pair of metal Grados or Alessandro's at one stage, guess I'll have to revisit that thought now in the new year.

interesting. i did not like the hf-1/yamamoto pairing at all. in fact, i liked the k701 better with the yamamoto. the hf-1 sounded mushy and lifeless...i can see how the 325's deficiencies might be rounded off by the yamamoto, however.

Nov 3, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #809 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. This hum is extremely quiet and very deep. It doesn't vary in regard to volume (which sounds like your situation). I'm not worried at all because, like I said, my power management at this point is not existent. Just a nest of cords. I'm sure everything will improve with just a bit of planning.

I was getting a deep constant hum as well, even with the amp switched off and disconnected from everything. Finally figured out that it was my source - it has a pair of hefty autoformers as outputs that was causing the noise:

0790001.jpg

Moved the amp away and all was well....

Nov 9, 2007 at 9:58 AM Post #810 of 1,351
i've been listening to the yamamoto/w5000 pairing a lot the last few days and REALLY love what i'm hearing. have a pair of w100 coming soon to see what that synergy's like...

in the meantime, i'm without a proper DAC at the moment while my opus is being built. what DAC can you guys recommend for the yamamoto paired with an ATH woody? i'm looking into something on the low end since i have a mid-hi level DAC being built...i was thinking of the usual suspects - dac-ah, the other chinese ones, micro dac...any others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back