Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Jan 20, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #46 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarryH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They must sound great with the 701's! I'll have to go back there and demo mine - startin' to get that "empty out your wallet" feeling again . . . must resist, must resist
plainface.gif

Cheers,
Garry

Hate to do this to you, but the Real reason I bought the Almarro was its awesome synergy with AKG K1000. Its synergy with K701 was just a bonus
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #47 of 1,351
A question for those more technically minded than myself.
Some posters have raised concerns re the Yamamotos ability to drive some headphones properly such as the 701s and HD650s.
Please correct me if I'm wrong here but looking at the figures for the Mapletree Ear Plus Purist which handles the above phones fine, I see the quoted output figure as 100mW(load not shown) while the HA-02 is quoted as 300mW(50ohm load).

Would this not make the Yamamoto a more powerful performer than the MAD or is it not that simple.

Feb 1, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #48 of 1,351
Hi,

Has anyone gotten their HA-02 recently? I have to wait a couple of weeks before I can confirm my order and was hoping there would be more user comments by now.

Cheers,

Col

Feb 1, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #49 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Colhd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Has anyone gotten their HA-02 recently? I have to wait a couple of weeks before I can confirm my order and was hoping there would be more user comments by now.

Cheers,

Col

going by the lack of comment I don't think anyone who ordered around late November has received their's yet.
I ordered mine then and it was initally due mid January but Mr Yamamoto has since revised that to this month,when I'm not exactly sure.
My guess is that he has been swamped with orders after the Headfi mention and the 6Moons review and for a small business that doesn't take much.
Just see how long its taken Dr Peppard to work through the HD150 orders.
I just keep telling myself that all the best things in life are worth waiting for:
I would imagine the first person on these forums to get their HA-02 wont be shy in letting the rest of us know.

Feb 6, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #50 of 1,351
My Yamamoto HA-02 arrived today, and I've been listening some this evening.

It is a beautiful piece of audio art - even prettier in person than in the pictures. I'm saving listening impressions until I get more time in, have a chance to listen with more than a couple of headphones and just the iMod as source. Even with those limitations, I will say that it sounds wonderful so far.

Listened with ATH W2002s first, as I figured they were a natural partner for a beautiful Japanese tube amp with lots of pretty wood. I was not disappointed at all - the character and quality of the sound is very much like the EarMax Pro Anniversary Edition, which is a good thing indeed. So far, so good. Then I tried the Grado HP2's - whoa! I was shocked, floored, bowled over at how good this combination sounds. I may not make it to bed tonight. The HP2's sound as good or better than I have ever heard them from any amp.

I don't want to go on any more right now, and will start another thread for impressions and photos. Just wanted to let you all know that at least one of us has received an HA-02.

Feb 6, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #51 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Yamamoto HA-02 arrived today, and I've been listening some this evening.

It is a beautiful piece of audio art - even prettier in person than in the pictures. I'm saving listening impressions until I get more time in, have a chance to listen with more than a couple of headphones and just the iMod as source. Even with those limitations, I will say that it sounds wonderful so far.

Listened with ATH W2002s first, as I figured they were a natural partner for a beautiful Japanese tube amp with lots of pretty wood. I was not disappointed at all - the character and quality of the sound is very much like the EarMax Pro Anniversary Edition, which is a good thing indeed. So far, so good. Then I tried the Grado HP2's - whoa! I was shocked, floored, bowled over at how good this combination sounds. I may not make it to bed tonight. The HP2's sound as good or better than I have ever heard them from any amp.

I don't want to go on any more right now, and will start another thread for impressions and photos. Just wanted to let you all know that at least one of us has received an HA-02.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

great news. Did you get yours direct or through Venus HiFi?
Hopefully mine isn't far away.
Interesting re the Grados, maybe a good mate for the RS1s as well.

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #52 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuatara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

great news. Did you get yours direct or through Venus HiFi?
Hopefully mine isn't far away.
Interesting re the Grados, maybe a good mate for the RS1s as well.

I ordered through Venus, but shipping was direct from Mr Yamamoto to me.

Hope yours arrives soon - I suspect the RS1s will sound lovely with it.

Feb 9, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #56 of 1,351
My amp is in the country,just finished paying NZ customs(1st time I've had to pay anything..ouch,it hurts)should see it in a couple of days.
Excitement level increasing
icon10.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #57 of 1,351
Tuatara,

Good news - my bet is that you will not be dissappointed
wink.gif
!

Since you also have the W1000's, I am quite interested in your take on the pair.

Cheers,
Garry

Feb 9, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #58 of 1,351
Happy camper- amp has just arrived and the visuals are definitely wow.
Unfortunately the sun is shining and I'm being lashed out to continue house painting
frown.gif

Day of rest tomorrow with headphones firmly in place.
Packaging was quite simple but nice and strong and a nice touch is the properly terminated 250V power cord supplied.
Now if it sounds as good as it looks do I start looking at further Yamamoto products
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #59 of 1,351
I also received mine... Sound's nice with the AKG701, but from what I can tell so fare, it would be a great match with Grado SR1's. I need to play it to loud for my liking to get the AKG's to open up, but then again, for me, Grado's have always been above everything else. I got these AKG's to experiment with something different when my old SR1's left me. Now I'm done experimenting. Going back to Grado's.

Also the "Pilot Lump" is quite beautiful
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back