Yamaha YH-E700A
Dec 29, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #16 of 62
I think these will be go to classical wireless cans. Bass is too much for some genres but listened to some classical and the soundstage, instrument separation and overall feel of the music is fantastic, the rumble of the bass made it feel like I’m actually there listening. Might be good for movies as well :)

I think they’d go well for some post rock as well, listening to Godspeed you! Black emperor - The dead flag blues now and the bass at the start is insane lol, it does remind me of the sound they had when I saw them live so maybe that’s what they are going for with these. When the violins come in they sound amazing. What a strange pair of cans. Will be interesting to see if the mellow at all after some play time! I’m glad I got them but I would not recommend if these are your only wireless headphones.
Totally agreed in a few points. They really make you feel like you are at a concert or a live performance. That rich bass rumble together with the clarity of the instruments creates a real 3d atmosphere.

The bass is reduced when the NC is switched ON.

Dec 29, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #17 of 62
I went to the hifi store to test the sony and Bose noise cancelling and the Yamaha's are noticeably weaker for NC. They take out the lower frequencies well, but the higher frequencies are more noticeable.

Dec 31, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #18 of 62
Synced them up to my android phone (was using iPhone before) and enjoying them with other genres more now - assuming it’s because it’s using aptX instead of AAC.

Very fun, enjoyable sound. The app is a bit crap though, hopefully they’ll add some more options. I’ve emailed Yamaha to see if they offer replacement pads, I always like to have a backup, especially when they’re pleather. Might order a cover from aliexpress for them.

Listening to Mahler Symphony No. 1 on them now and it’s very engaging!

Dec 31, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #19 of 62
Synced them up to my android phone (was using iPhone before) and enjoying them with other genres more now - assuming it’s because it’s using aptX instead of AAC.

Very fun, enjoyable sound. The app is a bit crap though, hopefully they’ll add some more options. I’ve emailed Yamaha to see if they offer replacement pads, I always like to have a backup, especially when they’re pleather. Might order a cover from aliexpress for them.

Listening to Mahler Symphony No. 1 on them now and it’s very engaging!

Please let me know if Yamaha replies. I am hoping somebody makes relatively affordable leather ones if these headphones get popular, same goes for the headband, I would like to have it covered. I own many headphones so no one set gets too much regular use, but I've had the pleather break on 4 sets of cans. Its horrible.

Jan 5, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #20 of 62
Please let me know if Yamaha replies. I am hoping somebody makes relatively affordable leather ones if these headphones get popular, same goes for the headband, I would like to have it covered. I own many headphones so no one set gets too much regular use, but I've had the pleather break on 4 sets of cans. Its horrible.

$83.30 including postage for the earpads (currently out of stock). Little expensive but I’ve ordered a set as I’m enjoying them quite a lot now. Also ordered a much cheaper cover for the headband from aliexpress lol.

Feb 3, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #21 of 62
My headband cover arrived from aliexpress - don’t need to worry about that now! The bass has also calmed down after probably 50-60 hours of use. I find them to be much better from my android device as well, Apple’s AAC implementation must boost lower frequencies.

Feb 10, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #22 of 62
I will get these this Weekend since they were on sale. They tick the right boxes for me and i always like the unpopular "odd" choice :wink: No seriously Yamaha is a very capable company. I dont need ANC but love to have no cable. Boosted bass is fine for me even though im no basshead and i really like the big cups. Coming from speakers I hate headphones with a too dry sound like the Aonic 50 or most open headphones. The Senn M3 is my favourite ANC/Bluetooth headphone to date. Lets see how these 2 compete.

Feb 16, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #23 of 62
I will get these this Weekend since they were on sale. They tick the right boxes for me and i always like the unpopular "odd" choice :wink: No seriously Yamaha is a very capable company. I dont need ANC but love to have no cable. Boosted bass is fine for me even though im no basshead and i really like the big cups. Coming from speakers I hate headphones with a too dry sound like the Aonic 50 or most open headphones. The Senn M3 is my favourite ANC/Bluetooth headphone to date. Lets see how these 2 compete.

looking forward to you comments, Ive had a soft spot for Yamaha since their EPH-100 iems, they looked so unique and the sound was really lively. These days they have doubled in price mainly because you can only get them in Japan. I wish I didnt break them.

I think the E700s sound completely different to any other headphone I own so in that way they are a treat.

Feb 18, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #25 of 62
Can any of you owners take a measurement of the inner space in the earcup? Width x height x depth in mm?

Feb 18, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #26 of 62
The yamada yh-e700a sound better than my sony 1000xm4 but it have a overwhelming bass which I fixed with eq directly from my phone because the app do not have the eq section.
The soundstage is large as many people already experienced.
The headband is a right fit for my head, so I have a quite good experience with the anc but just a little bit behind the sony.
Overall, its a good can for listening.

Feb 19, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #27 of 62
Still waiting for mine and wondering if they will ever show up :/ I ordered them almost 2 weeks ago and they were in stock. The sale price was 300€ while the regular price right now is 360-399€ through all retailers who carry them. In the US they go for a more friendly 299$ that's why i don't want to pay more than 300€. Like any ANC headphone it will go down in price over time.

@nekonhime: Did you try disabling listening care and optimizer in the yamaha app? It seems that listening care applies a loudness curve at lower volumes and listening optimizer checks the seal of the headphones and adjusts bass if its not correct. You might also end up with boosted bass, one user reported that it didn't work for him and it still boosted the bass even he got a proper seal.

I also researched the APTX Adaptive codec, seems it's backwards compatible with APTX HD but if you want to use adaptive for low latency you are out of luck with a Samsung smartphone. APTX Adaptive was introduced with Android 9 but most manufacturers patch it out (to avoid licensing fees?). For example OnePlus has it in most phones and Xiaomi has it in most products (even the cheap ones like the Poco X3).

Feb 19, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #28 of 62
I using my rog phone 2 and its have the default app name audio magic which allow me to eq the sound by myself. About the yamaha app, I usually leave all the functions on. Also I created my own sound signature, so the bass was lower and sound more natural in my opinion.
But well, I hope your can will soon arrived

Feb 19, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #29 of 62
I found the ANC on reduced bass quantity, one of the other settings being on boosted the bass at lower listening levels. Have a play around.

Sometimes I find the bass punches too hard and it almost hurts to listen.

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #30 of 62
I have a brand new pair available in Australia if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back