Yamaha YH-E700A
Oct 21, 2020 at 6:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

obsidyen

Headphoneus Supremus
The upcoming portable headphone by Yamaha seems to be very interesting with its huge and R-10-like cups. While I'm not usually attracted to ANC headphones, I usually like Yamaha products and find they offer a very high performance to price ratio. Therefore, I am truly interested in an ANC headphone for the first time. I just hope they also decide to bring their ortho headphones back to the market!

YH-E700A_swivel_bk_2560-w782.jpg

Oct 26, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 62
I cant wait for these, always been a big Yamaha fan since the EPH-100s

Nov 21, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 62
I can't wait to see reviews of these either. Not a single YouTube channel or site has done an unboxing or review yet. They're already available for purchase in Australia.

Nov 22, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #4 of 62
I'm really curious about their tuning. Yamaha is a very traditional company so they probably wouldn't send free samples to so-called reviewers. So we have to wait for people who will buy it to review it, also more mainstream reviewers like What Hifi, The Verge etc.

Nov 27, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #6 of 62
Sounds great! I would be very happy if you share further impressions and maybe a review, later. :)

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #7 of 62
I saw these and tried them in store yesterday. They are definitely great sounding, they are comfortable, great build quality, and their noise cancelling is effective (even though extent of cancellation can't be modified). Their earcups have a nice clicking mechanism to remove them for replacement. The mobile app works and the settings you select are retained post power down and restarting. The 2 drawbacks is their headband doesn't extend out far enough (assuming the store that had them on demo didn't limit that), where I had them at maximum extension and the ear cups just made it around my ear, which is a first for me. The other is the fact their headband is wide, so they look a bit odd when worn. Their bass response is solid (and can be felt) but I would imagine it to even out with burn in. They are definitely not flat nor harsh sounding.

Nov 28, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #8 of 62
So disappointed to hear about the headband not being able to extend far enough. Was hoping to try this out as it has been a while since I have a Yamaha can.

Nov 28, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #9 of 62
I saw these and tried them in store yesterday. They are definitely great sounding, they are comfortable, great build quality, and their noise cancelling is effective (even though extent of cancellation can't be modified). Their earcups have a nice clicking mechanism to remove them for replacement. The mobile app works and the settings you select are retained post power down and restarting. The 2 drawbacks is their headband doesn't extend out far enough (assuming the store that had them on demo didn't limit that), where I had them at maximum extension and the ear cups just made it around my ear, which is a first for me. The other is the fact their headband is wide, so they look a bit odd when worn. Their bass response is solid (and can be felt) but I would imagine it to even out with burn in. They are definitely not flat nor harsh sounding.

Interesting -- I hope they'll soon be available in the EU.
I've testet the Yamaha HPH-MT8 a bit the last few days, very nice sound actually. I decided to send it back though, I have simply too many headphones already. But I'm looking forward to give these a try.

Dec 21, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #11 of 62
Just got a notice that the shipping date for my preorder changed... to Dec. 16th :)
So just in time as a holiday gift...
Have you received them?

Dec 22, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #12 of 62
Have you received them?

No, I cancelled them after the APM was announced -- decided to scratch my primary wireless itch: what I was really missing with my Aonic 50 and V-Moda CF2 was seamless switching between iPhone and iPad (multi-device pairing is not what I want, alert tones taking over is more than annoying). Unfortunately the APM fits not only my functional requirements, but also my tonal taste, so I'll pass on the Yamaha. In the other thread New Yamaha Headphones there was some feedback from at least one person who got them. Sounded not that reassuring...

Dec 26, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #13 of 62
I been listening to these bad boys for a few days now. Definitely punchy, house shaking bass. Great detail and instrument separation. The imaging feels very 3d. Sounds seem very vivid. Probably the most "wow" headphones I ever owned. You hear this very rumbly bass, then some wonderful high frequencies above it and you feel this expansive sound.

If you love hearing the "headphones" then even if you hate too much bass these are an interesting listen.

I cant compare the noise cancelling to anything, but its probably the only disappointing thing about these.

Oh and pleather, pleather is horrible for longevity. I have 4 separate headphones where the pleather disintegrated, sure you can replace the pleather, but it costs money (that's even if replacements are available) and at that point you might as well get new headphones. It's a waste of materials on headphones that are thrown out way too early. Not saying everything has to be leather (thought that's my preference), I would take almost anything over pleather.

Couple of things, you can have the noise cancelling or ambient modes on/off while listening wired, I don't know about the other DSP modes as you can only control them via the app and the app needs the Bluetooth to be on...

Dec 28, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #14 of 62
Saw these today at the shops and grabbed a pair - look forward to giving them a whirl!

Dec 29, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #15 of 62
I think these will be go to classical wireless cans. Bass is too much for some genres but listened to some classical and the soundstage, instrument separation and overall feel of the music is fantastic, the rumble of the bass made it feel like I’m actually there listening. Might be good for movies as well :)

I think they’d go well for some post rock as well, listening to Godspeed you! Black emperor - The dead flag blues now and the bass at the start is insane lol, it does remind me of the sound they had when I saw them live so maybe that’s what they are going for with these. When the violins come in they sound amazing. What a strange pair of cans. Will be interesting to see if the mellow at all after some play time! I’m glad I got them but I would not recommend if these are your only wireless headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back