Yamaha YH-5000SE — a flagship from an orthodynamic headphones veteran!
Dec 2, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #301 of 1,563
Yes I’m talking about what we resellers pay for them not the retail price. This cost has not been announced to us dealers yet
Any news on wholesale price? I'd love to purchase from a NA-based company, but it's looking like importing might be the way to go.

Dec 2, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #302 of 1,563
the hk agent has put up an unboxing short video clip already. looks really great!!!

https://fb.watch/h9nfji6GWR/

hope they offer a price close to the japanese market. . .
I like how the driver is angled based on the segment showing the inside of the earcup. That should give more room towards the back of the earcup. I have protruding ears, which have touched the driver on nearly every headphone I've ever worn, so the extra space in the back will be nice.

Dec 2, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #303 of 1,563
I like how the driver is angled based on the segment showing the inside of the earcup. That should give more room towards the back of the earcup. I have protruding ears, which have touched the driver on nearly every headphone I've ever worn, so the extra space in the back will be nice.
Focal, Sony , Sennheisers phones have angled drivers as well.

Dec 2, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #304 of 1,563
Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #305 of 1,563
Focal, Sony , Sennheisers phones have angled drivers as well.
I'm aware, and Audio Technica does angled drivers as well; I was just stating that it's a good thing that this one has angled drivers. Very few non-dynamic drivers are angled. In general, I find that having angled drivers is easier on my ears.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #308 of 1,563
If people don’t know about Yamaha, they must be very new to the hobby 😅
There's nothing wrong with that!

It's our job to welcome them to the hobby, share the history, show and explain the values, it's our job to guide them. No hobby or environment is fun to newcomers if there's nobody to welcome them, even less if people are pushing them away just because they are new.

Dec 2, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #310 of 1,563
There's nothing wrong with that!

It's our job to welcome them to the hobby, share the history, show and explain the values, it's our job to guide them. No hobby or environment is fun to newcomers if there's nobody to welcome them, even less if people are pushing them away just because they are new.
If people don’t know about Yamaha, they must be very new to the hobby 😅
Exactly! That's just me in a nice way of calling out the few that cry "copy" lol :L3000:

Dec 2, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #311 of 1,563
Nowadays, most people think of Yamaha as a motorcycle, speaker and instrument company. Not necessarily a headphone company. They certainly don’t do a good job advertising their stuff in the US.
I mean... they have been absent from the headphone game for more than a decade? Just for clarification purposes, I am not saying they haven't released headphones for more than a decade.

Give it time, this is just the beginning.

Dec 2, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #312 of 1,563
I mean... they have been absent from the headphone game for more than a decade? Just for clarification purposes, I am not saying they haven't released headphones for more than a decade.

As much as many see this as expensive piece, which it is, I see it as a calculated decision moving forward as they trickle down to a more attainable models with attractive price offering. It's good plain marketing 101, nail it down and you pave they way for what else to come.

Dec 2, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #313 of 1,563

Certainly not in my lifetime. I don’t do headphones but I’m definitely curious about this one

Dec 2, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #315 of 1,563
I'm going to wait until the regular edition is out. Looks like it will be $1000 less and come without the stand and maybe one of the cables and the extra set of pads. It'll be a few months later but the extras are not worth anywhere near a grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back