Yamaha EPH-100 and Rockit R-50
Mar 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Chacho

New Head-Fier
I am new to this forum and new to computer and mp3 player audio. I am currently using Audioengine A2 speakers and the Audioengine D1 DAC on my computer. I am using a Sanca Zip Clip and SoundMagic E10 headphones as an mp3 player. Presently I want to upgrade my earphones. After reading the thread here that reviewed 273 earphones I have decided on either the Yamaha EPH-100's or the Rockit Sounds R-50's in the $100 to $150 price range bracket.

Living in a Latin American country where virtually nothing is available, I have to order everything internationally, sight unseen, and unheard. Therefore I could use some advice:

1. Does anyone know where to get the Yamaha EPH-100's with free international shipping? (The Rockits of course are shipped internationally for free)

2. I have found the Yamaha EPH-100's on eBay shipped free from Israel, worldwide, for US$120. However could anyone post their opinions as to what they think about the safety of dealing with this merchant, and the authenticity of the merchandise? Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-EPH-100-In-Ear-Headphones-Monitor-Earphones-Professional-Earbud-Headset-/171002979344?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item27d0926410

3. Finally, could anyone elaborate their opinions on these two earphones, or offer any advice on any others that might suit my needs in this price range. (The genres of music that I listen to are rock and roll, Chicago blues, and traditional country music)

Many thanks.

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 5
With ebay, you have buyer protection. If the item comes damaged, you have recourse. If the item comes used, you can dispute and get your money back. The buyer has all the protection. That's a good price with free shipping! 

I'm almost mad at you - you might have cost me $119.95!

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the replies.

I am now considering the Hifi-Man RE400, along with the originally mentioned Yamaha EPH-100 and the Rockit R-50.

The thing is that is very difficult to make a decision sight unseen and unheard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back