Y'all should not miss out on this! Old School Grado on ebay!
Mar 25, 2007 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

rockbottom

100+ Head-Fier
Mar 25, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 28
Oh my gosh! Beautiful pair of phones there. You don't get mahogany like that anymore. Plus it has the much sought after box and everything. I'm amazed, those will sell for a hefty price for sure.

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I feel sorry for anybody who was already interested in it before it got posted on here.

Yeah, with six days to go they are gonna rocket now. Still, probably the nicest looking Grados I've ever laid eyes on. They don't make them like that anymore.

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #7 of 28
AFAIK there is no official ruling on posting ebay auc links as technical discussion topics here. So we can post links to ebay auctions, so long as the intent is to discuss the auction or the item for sale. My understanding is that posting items for auction with the intent of gaining ebay bids should be done in the F/S forum only.

Mods, please correct me as needed, thanks in advance

That is for sure a VERY rare set. Ive never seen a headband that shade of brown before + the box.

IMHO it would have gone for a hefty $$$ regardless of this thread.

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #8 of 28
Good lord look at that headband, perfect! I have a set of old school brown headband wooden box RS-1's, but my headband is a darker shade of brown, I have never seen a shade that light, but man it looks real good.

fc25_3.jpg

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #9 of 28
For those who own pairs like this, is there is sonic difference between them and the newer ones? This is a gorgeous pair, but I'm still nuts about the sound of my newer RS-1. But if there was a difference other than cosmetics, I'd think about it.

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #10 of 28
wow, great looking phones, though seeing this auction, I'm glad I like the industrial chique of the MS2i's... this pair is at almost the same price ($280 >< $299) now and it still has 6 days 6 hours to go... and lucky me I like the MS2i's non-top-of-the-line sound as well
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #11 of 28
That is a beautiful pair of Grados! COngrats in advance to the winner on those puppies.

My only concern is that the wire going to one of the cups is twisted and wound up so tight - beyond rediculous. I wouldn't be surprised if it would un-twist itself, not much unlike one of those airplanes I played with as a kid that used a rubber-band to power the propeller!

How can someone use these phones, and not realize that the cups are spinning 'round and 'round twisting the wire up like that. It almost hurts me to see them like that. Someone give these a good home please! Definately a piece of history.

If I didn't just blow my load (and part of the vacation fund) on a pair of PS-1s, I would be alllll over these!

Mar 25, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those who own pairs like this, is there is sonic difference between them and the newer ones? This is a gorgeous pair, but I'm still nuts about the sound of my newer RS-1. But if there was a difference other than cosmetics, I'd think about it.

I have A'B/d my old school RS-1's with newer stock RS-1's and feel there is a nice subtle difference between them. The old school RS-1 is smoother and not as peaky in the upper mids, but the bass is noticeably not as bloated and feels like it goes deeper due to the less upper mid bass bloat. Quite nice for sure

Mar 25, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #15 of 28
Well...sorry if i broke any rules, just thought that I neede to share this with all the fellow head-fiers. I'm still waiting for my RS-1s from TNND. Not the wooden box, but not the pizza box tho, it's the glossy paper box that they had a couple yrs back.

Hopefully someone here will win the auction, these cans deserve a good owner who can really appreciate them for what they are.

I also PM-ed Tood R 'cuz i think he's been on the F/S forum here for a while looking for these guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back