Yahoo, pulled the trigger on a new UM2!
Sep 15, 2005 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Spiritboxer

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey, $275 shipped from EarPhone Solutions, how could I say no?!?! Man, I can't wait to get these bad boys and Flavio's a dream to do business with. Gotta support our sponsors, yeah!
Ya know, I was standing in front of a hospital today at noon and an automobile accident occured up the block. One car jumped the curb, missed me by two or three feet and crashed into the hospital building near one of the entrances. Thank goodness no one got hurt but the car burst into flames a few minutes after they got the driver out.
Figured I deserved a treat after all that! Hey, life is short and who knows what we'll come back as next. No ears, no cans, might as well get 'em now!

Sep 15, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritboxer
Hey, $275 shipped from EarPhone Solutions, how could I say no?!?! Man, I can't wait to get these bad boys and Flavio's a dream to do business with. Gotta support our sponsors, yeah!
Ya know, I was standing in front of a hospital today at noon and an automobile accident occured up the block. One car jumped the curb, missed me by two or three feet and crashed into the hospital building near one of the entrances. Thank goodness no one got hurt but the car burst into flames a few minutes after they got the driver out.
Figured I deserved a treat after all that! Hey, life is short and who knows what we'll come back as next. No ears, no cans, might as well get 'em now!

I would treat myself a UE10 pro for that. Man, I am glad it missed you. Anyway, congrad on joining team Westone UM2.

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

How did you swing a deal from Earphone Solutions for the UM2's for $275 shipped? I ordered them the same day you did. My bill says 324 something. 299 + 25 for Overnight and they're not shipping them til tomorrow(Friday) which means I won't get them until Monday!! I got JACKED!!!

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Hey, $275 shipped from EarPhone Solutions, how could I say no?!?!

Congrats on the recent acquisition and congrats on not getting smushed!
tongue.gif

The UM2s look like excellent IEMs, I've been meaning to snag a pair myself. I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

Sep 16, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7
How did you swing a deal from Earphone Solutions for the UM2's for $275 shipped? I ordered them the same day you did. My bill says 324 something. 299 + 25 for Overnight and they're not shipping them til tomorrow(Friday) which means I won't get them until Monday!! I got JACKED!!!

I pretty sure he got it price matched.

Sep 16, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
I pretty sure he got it price matched.

To where? Share the love!
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 5:23 AM Post #7 of 11
275 is tempting....too tempting....

How do we get the same sweet deal?
smily_headphones1.gif

And does anyone have any idea how these would compare to my ER-6i's? And do they sell the isolation tips that come with the ER-6i's? Would these work with the UM2's?

Sep 16, 2005 at 5:35 AM Post #8 of 11
He prolly pricematched with Freqcitysound or whatever. I think he's an authorized westone dealer.. I would think its a better deal to pricematch him because you get triflange tips for free, which could be better than the comply tips..

Sep 16, 2005 at 5:47 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangs55
So how exactly do these things fit in your ears? Do they go over the ear like the Shures (I'm assuming so)? Or just strait out like the ER's?

this Westone UM2 is very similiar to Shure e5c, so it is over the ear style too.

Sep 16, 2005 at 8:01 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b
He prolly pricematched with Freqcitysound or whatever. I think he's an authorized westone dealer.. I would think its a better deal to pricematch him because you get triflange tips for free, which could be better than the comply tips..

Yup, price matching is correct but even if I had to spend a few dollars more I'd go with Flavio. I've done business with him before and I know I can count on him to do the right thing. Hey, not only do you get the free triflange tips but an airline adaptor as well. I'm already thinking custom tips and a new mp3 player!
Most people would go to a bar after a near death experience. Me, I supported Head-Fi by going straight to Headphonesolutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back