YAHA - MHHA - Millet contraption
Mar 8, 2007 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

FallenAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

I've been trying my luck with the Simple MHHA and unfortunately, not getting great results, then I saw a nice modification of the YAHA here (badly translated from Japanese).

I essentially want to use the 12AU7 tube in a MHHA and/or YAHA design.

I like the design linked above for simplicity and easy modification to the power supply using an LM317 at 12.6 for the heater and maybe improving the opamp power as well.

A couple of quick things I wanted to very would be the 1K inline resistor across V+ (going to B+) - what's the point?

Next would be, how important is it to have C2 bypassed by C1? Isn't it just the cathode bypass cap. I'm thinking to either use a 470uF Panasonic FM bypassed by 0.1uF Sprague Orange Drop or just going with a 1000uF Silmic II all alone.

Same thing on the output do I bother bypassing BlackGate STD / Silmic II?

Of course, the CRD value is vague at 0.6mA, I'll probably just use a 2N5457 + R CCS, and match them.

That leaves the 5K trimpot which I'll change to a 3K resistor and 2K trimpot, and maybe drop that to a 2K resistor + 2K trimpot if needed to get that value of 16V-17V on the plate.

Next up - MHHA
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't really want to make 2 threads since these questions are closely linked.

I originally started making the Simple MHHA but am now am thinking of incorporating the CCS from the MHHA v2.0 and get rid off all the LEDs. Of course pinouts for the tubes are different and the heaters will be ran off 6.3V at 300mA.

Anybody see anything wrong with that idea for the MHHA?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure there's lots of stuff to cover. I'm just taking a peak out before charging headfirst into a wall
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back