y1 gamma-1 DAC
Apr 28, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #661 of 1,546
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another solution (in Windows XP anyway, didn't try this on Vista), is to open the Control Panel -> Sound, Speech & Audio Devices -> Sound & Audio Devices, then in the "Audio" tab, set the default audio device back to your internal card.

You would have to set your media player to use the default device, and restart it.

Argh, the problem is here again. I switch from USB Audio DAC to my Speakers. But the sound still only comes from the USB. It works if I restart Foobar/iTunes, but I would rather have a solution that doesn't require me to restart my programs.

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #663 of 1,546
Quote:

Unfortunately, restarting the media player app is almost always necessary. It doesn't "know" that he rug has been yanked beneath it.

ah ok. Oh well, I'll live with it. Its not like my life has ended or anything. Thanks.

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:14 PM Post #664 of 1,546
Quote:

Unfortunately, restarting the media player app is almost always necessary. It doesn't "know" that he rug has been yanked beneath it.

You could try using ASIO4ALL - Universal ASIO Driver ASIO4All. I use that with mediamonkey (Note with media monkey you also need to grab an ASIO dll plugin). I swap between my DAC and soundcard all the time because I move the gamma1 from work and home and do not have to restart my media player. This is because the ASIO plugin talks to ASIO4ALL and not a device. ASIO4ALL then handles which device to use. Works rather nicely.

May 9, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #666 of 1,546
Re: New γ1 configuration: Full++

My new front and rear panels are here.
smily_headphones1.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

May 9, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #667 of 1,546
Very sexy indeed Ti, one question...

If I chose, would this case fit a gamma lite and a mini3 in the same layout rather than the full dac++?

I've been trying to find a case to just fit both lits and mini3 boards side by side like this so Marshall can put me one together. End plates aside that is, I'd need to custom them.

May 9, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #668 of 1,546
I don't see any reason why it couldn't be done, but it would take some creativity to "join" the Mini³ and γ1 DAC boards at their edges. Also, the γ1 USB board would not be resting in a case slot on one side, so standoffs will be needed to support it.

Btw this is true for a γ1 Full + Mini³ combo too.

May 9, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #671 of 1,546
^It was something else for me to build this and then plug it into my laptop and have the popup screen saying "installing device drivers for your new device", and see the NKK switch diode change colors. A whole nother level of excitement. Sounds great too. I can't wait to build a full on desktop DAC.

May 9, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #672 of 1,546
Yeah, the price quote I got from MisterX for a prebuilt was almost exactly what my BOM came out to. I'm really tempted to build it anyways for the experience and satisfaction, but it makes it so much harder when MisterX is building them for us for so cheap! Thanks to him for the amazing price though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back