Xwind (Jaben Taiwan)
Feb 2, 2012 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Sinocelt

Headphoneus Supremus
http://xwind-jaben.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-post.html

So it seems I'll soon have the opportunity to listen to at least six different CIEM demo models. I'll bring my own recordings -- probably on my laptop, so I can use the DACport rather than the Clip Zip. I'll write down my impressions, but I'm not nearly as experienced as many here on Head-Fi, so don't expect too much. I will let you down. I will make you hurt.

Still ... the point of this post is to ask if you'd like me to use any specific song as a comparison sample. Please keep in mind that listening to the different demo models while taking notes will take time, and that I won't be alone there; we'll all have to take turns. Therefore, please don't provide me with a list of your top 500 favorite songs of all time! 
eek.gif

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #2 of 11
Ah, well. In fact, there was only one custom demo model (ACS T1) and it was too small for my ears. I could get a seal by pressing my palms hard against my conchas, but even then I could only hear on one side. I wouldn't dare judge the actual product on this experience.

I did get to try a lot of earphones and headphones, though, in the nearly six hours I spent with the friendly people at Xwind (Jaben Taiwan): HD 800, balanced HD 600, PS 5000, DT 990 pro, K 1000, K 701, TMA-1, Piano Forte VIII, FI-BA-SS, SM3, DBA-02, Audéo, Atrio, GR07, and BA200.

Feb 4, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

But how much will you pay for me to keep doing so? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

I can give you my ear impressions!

Anyway, you might want to change the title of the thread. BTW, that guy with the Livewire Trips was surprisingly knowledgeable about a lot of stuff. He has done a lot of measurements with different hardware setups; I forgot to get his information.

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #8 of 11

I can give you my ear impressions!

Pff! Waaay too small.

Anyway, you might want to change the title of the thread. 

Correct. And done.

BTW, that guy with the Livewire Trips was surprisingly knowledgeable about a lot of stuff. He has done a lot of measurements with different hardware setups; I forgot to get his information.

I've read people complain that the LiveWires cable connectors look ugly. I personnaly don't think so. Their position on the CIEM prevents faceplate art, that's all. On the other hand, this position allows for a lower-profile CIEM (only the connector needs to stick out, not the whole faceplate) and, for those who care, it can be worn both over the ear or straight down. Looks rather pretty, and pretty clever, to me.

Eh, coupled with a Heir Audio wooden faceplate, the LiveWires gold connector would look simply smashing! Nearly steampunk in style. The kind of CIEM Captain Nemo would have worn. ^_^

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #9 of 11
Well..  ^^||
I'm the owner of the Livewire.
It's nice to meet you guys.

Livewires' cable design is indeed very good. It also provide better seal than normal connector, since there is no need for the cable to protrude out from ear canal.

But I'm still temped to buy the Heir 4, especially since I've got a free impression at hand (and not lucky enough to get the ACS T1 XD)

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #10 of 11
So I was on mobile01 and found this member blogging about the visit here. Got some nice pics of Sinocelt's 4.A too. The funny thing is, I'm almost positive that's the guy in the above pictures wearing the black t-shirt taking photos of the 4.A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back