Xuelin H6 (ihifi1969) review and impressions
Mar 14, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #62 of 79
Customs friendly? Hmmmmmm. Sadly my wife was at home when she received the package and got slapped with dhl bill. God bless my woman. She paid and gave the parcel to me when I returned from work.

This DAP feels better for high output impedance stuff from what I can share ( no specs). Using them with the Elears is a joy (150 ohms), no issues.

Can you tell me if gapless works on albums like Dark Side Of The Moon? I know there isn't gapless on the non tube version. A player without gapless is a deal breaker for me.

Jan 20, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #63 of 79
Can you tell me if gapless works on albums like Dark Side Of The Moon? I know there isn't gapless on the non tube version. A player without gapless is a deal breaker for me.

No gapless: no happiness for you sir. I'm sorry, I just got my player back from China. That said, I'm happy it's playing music again (ui is now active unlike before).

Aside from the primitive ui, this would probably give the cayin n3pro a run for its money. DAT BASS!

Attachments

• 20210120_141410.jpg
    20210120_141410.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jan 20, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #65 of 79
That was the only reason I didn't buy it. It seems like an easy firmware fix. The Xuelin H8 has gapless playback. This was the deal breaker on the Shanling M8 also.
That's definitely a bad act on Xuelins side. Gapless should be so easy to add in firmware, at least with cue file. I mean it's already one single file and cue just adds track marks. H6 supports cue, but it STILL has gaps between songs, even though it plays one single file. What a flaw.

Apr 3, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #66 of 79
Just got my Xuelin H6 1969 a few days ago, and so far loving it. Listen to live recording of Adele and Lisa Hannigan and got totally lost in the music and not thinking about the technical aspect at all. The sound is extremely detailed. It drives Hifiman Ananda and LZ A7 good enough. Really looking forward to use it more in the next few weeks. I am upgrading from Fiio M6 + Chord Mojo.

The design and interface remind me back to the day when mp3 player first came out and there is no fancy interface, just plug and play.

However, the player is failing to detect my 128GB Micro SD card (Sandisk Extreme) but detect my 64GB cards fine, getting another 128GB cards to test. It will only accept FAT32 format.

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #67 of 79
Just got my Xuelin H6 1969 a few days ago, and so far loving it. Listen to live recording of Adele and Lisa Hannigan and got totally lost in the music and not thinking about the technical aspect at all. The sound is extremely detailed. It drives Hifiman Ananda and LZ A7 good enough. Really looking forward to use it more in the next few weeks. I am upgrading from Fiio M6 + Chord Mojo.

The design and interface remind me back to the day when mp3 player first came out and there is no fancy interface, just plug and play.

However, the player is failing to detect my 128GB Micro SD card (Sandisk Extreme) but detect my 64GB cards fine, getting another 128GB cards to test. It will only accept FAT32 format.
Did you get the version with tubes?

Apr 3, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #68 of 79
Did you get the version with tubes?
Yes, I got It from hifigo. There are more review in the mandarin speaking world, the company is one of the niche DAP company that had a cult following and been around since 2002.

Unlike Cayin, their can output both single end and balanced from their tube.

This is a review from their company site, in simplified Chinese.
http://www.i-hifi.com/aspcms/news/2020-6-3/194.html

their official site about the DAP
http://www.i-hifi.com/aspcms/product/2020-6-4/127.html

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #69 of 79
More impressions:
Been A/B the 1969 (H6) / Fiio M6 + Chord Mojo with Meze 99 Classic (stock cable) tonight with K by Cigarette After Sex, with 1969 I got lost in the music and was moving my head to his voice, when switching to Chord Mojo there is slightly wide soundstage and better instrument separation but I didn’t feel the same engagement toward the song compare to 1969.

On the Chinese forum, netizen had been using the words to describe the female vocals on 1969 as addictive/poisonous and I can understand why.

Just bought CDs of Melody Gardot’s Live European Tour album, can’t wait to hear how it sounds...

Jul 13, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #70 of 79
I have experience of using this player for 2 months. This device is very selective for FLAC format, sometimes it resign to play some files with "file format error" (for a moment I can t define the dependence of file properties). I plug the player directly to my mac, noticed if I copy files via card reader it gets more errors. Has anyone run into the same problem?

Jul 13, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #71 of 79
I have experience of using this player for 2 months. This device is very selective for FLAC format, sometimes it resign to play some files with "file format error" (for a moment I can t define the dependence of file properties). I plug the player directly to my mac, noticed if I copy files via card reader it gets more errors. Has anyone run into the same problem?
I didn’t have that problem when using it. But my unit will be send back to Xuelin for repair as one of the sound from one channel doesn’t come through t anymore. And they are really really slow at responding.

Jul 16, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #72 of 79
I don't have such problem. Most of my music in my 128gb sandisk ultra card is in FLAC format and I never get file format error. I have I think one mp3 file which gives always that error though, but there's probably just something wrong with that file, I haven't bothered to check. Maybe there's problem in your file copying process and not in player itself. You could try different card and card reader for example.

Jan 12, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #73 of 79
A year later, tried to solve the problem.
The error occurs only when playing some FLAC files. At the same time, if you convert them to another format, such as AAC, the file is played (but there is a loss of quality, alas). Can you advise me which format and with what parameters I should convert the files?

I tried different memory cards, but the error persists. Now I use a card sandisk A2 128gb.
I download music by connecting the player to macbook. Maybe it's a compatibility problem between the player and macOS?

Question 2: How can I load music to the player's internal memory? Mac just does not see it.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #75 of 79
I found such a solution. I convert the FLAC file that gives an error to ALAC (m4a) 48 000 Hz using the program Media Human .
and everything works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back