Xuelin H6 (ihifi1969) review and impressions
Aug 15, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #31 of 79
I just found that same site myself!
Google transation:
This time, the original power amplifier board is upgraded to a tube version, so that more fans can access the charming sound of the tube. The tube player is expected to be launched in October, and the price is only slightly improved on the basis of the yuan, so stay tuned. Old 1969 users can upgrade to the latest version of the tube by replacing the power amplifier board. The specific solution is pending. Due to the need to re-create the cnc back cover, friends who are interested in upgrading old users can contact customer service for pre-registration.

Very interesting indeed. Seems like upgrade process solution is still pending. I don't know if they will sell the tube amp board seperately, soldering the amp board is propably quite difficult task. I don't see the relay on tube board so it could be more silent regarding pop sounds between tracks.

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #32 of 79
Xuelin 1969 tube player

Xuelin 1969 tube player was upgraded from beginning to end on the basis of the original 1969. In the digital part of the headend, the asrc asynchronous phase-locked loop is used to increase the frequency and the tcxo temperature-warming clock is used to reduce the system jitter to a very low state.

The end of the simulation part, using the jan5636 military standard hot thumb tube amplification and dual ad8397 current drive, from beginning to end, the concept of fever throughout.

Let's put some debugging photos below for everyone to enjoy.

e836e23cgy1g7hawclwh7j20fq0fqan3.jpg

Only good sounds are not enough. The two bile ducts light up and instantly warm the heart.

e836e23cgy1g7haxc320sj20fl0flqi3.jpg

Beautiful spectrum display window. Someone asked me why it is not 20khz but 15khz? When debugging, I found that the energy above 15k is very small, not enough to drive the display, so the overall beat rhythm is not beautiful, so that's it. Others say that this is useful? Actually it didn't work, but it's cool.

e836e23cgy1g7haxzkl8bj20fq0fq179.jpg

This photo is not taken well, the brightness is not enough, and there is too much noise.

e836e23cgy1g7hayepo53j20hk0hkh7f.jpg

This is the engineering prototype in the commissioning, and it has been going back and forth for half a year. The dispersion of the electron tube is large, and it is not easy to do it well.

e836e23cgy1g7hayxhb3ej20qo0k04qp.jpg

Coordinate with the early 960 player for digital clock section. Flying a lot of hair-like connections, compare the test of welding work, a little carelessly, the previous work is abandoned.

Jitter is a natural enemy of digital circuits. Players are prone to cold, hard, and dry problems. At the source, they are caused by clock jitter. The human ear is not sensitive to amplitude errors, but is very sensitive to frequency errors.

We redesigned the asrc design for the global clock. It is not the usual 96k/192k, but we specially designed the unconventional 2**k supersampling. The specific technical details will be detailed later.

Some friends have some misunderstandings about asrc. It feels like the camera interpolation is a trousers fart, which actually brings two benefits.

1: Pushing the audible noise caused by aliasing to a more inaudible high frequency band, can push most of the noise to a frequency of several hundred K, and can be easily cut off in the output LPF circuit at the back without accidentally injuring the friendly army. Simplifies the design of lpf.

2: Asynchronous clock asynchronos We use +-0.5ppm tcxo Taiwan crystal technology txc crystal, (unit price exceeds 100 yuan) to reduce the overall jitter by several orders of magnitude, bringing a very clean sound. Until now, asrc has been the most effective way to reduce jitter. ess has integrated the asrc module in the full range of decoding, so it is the leader in high-end decoding. (It can be said that the ess series is already an audio subsystem integrated with asrc, not a separate dac)

e836e23cgy1g7hazr0v8bj20nl0nlqnp.jpg

In the commissioning of the forest to customize the tcxo crystal, of course, the actual use of this full-size product is not possible, but a smaller patch tcxo crystal.

e836e23cgy1g7hb0ybj3pj20nm0nm1kx.jpg

The oscilloscope observes the digital signal. The lrck, bck, and mck in the iis are not independent. They must be synchronized with the sdo sampling. Therefore, many clock processing methods are derived from this. Many of them are unique and are the hardest to do in the audio system. part.

e836e23cgy1g7hb05ecfzj20nl0nl1kx.jpg

At the same time, with the frequency meter monitoring, some frequency drift phenomena can be accurately detected, such as the frequency drift after heating with the air cylinder.

e836e23cgy1g6mcgvktrtj20lo0eg1ci.jpg

Analog circuit We use the jan5636 bile voltage amplification plus two-way ad8397 driver structure. It is still very rare to apply bile ducts in the body at present. This is the first one to use a fully conventional thumb glass tube. The tone of the bile duct has a "warm simulated taste" compared to the stone machine, but there are also some drawbacks. The bottom noise level of the bile duct is relatively large (this is also one of the sources of simulated flavor), the actual audition comparison, unless very few Multi-unit moving iron does not affect the sense of hearing. The unique sense of tube reverberation can be called the gospel of female drug lovers.

Sina Weibo: @i-hifi

Learn to post it: Learn about Lin
Xuelin QQ group: 46625309

Xuelin customer service QQ: 105924486 / 8154191

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #37 of 79
Xuelin 1969 tube version has been scheduled for a while, and some students are more anxious, so I will report the work we have done to everyone, thank you for your support. Because of the large discreteness of the process, the electronic tube is much more difficult to do than the ordinary integrated circuit machine, bringing some problems that have not been encountered before, and must rely on a large number of manual debugging and testing to ensure the reliability of the product. In today's expensive labor, this seems to be a thankless job.

e836e23cgy1g8dreetx3hj20lo0egkdo.jpg

Filament current is an important parameter. Due to the heating temperature, the number of electronic splashes varies. We use a regulated source to read the filament current, because the filament needs a preheating process. For this reason, we have a unified reading time of 30s. The data (test found that the current change after 30s is small, basically stable) will eventually eliminate the tube with too small or too large current (with a reading of 125 or more, 130 or more), and match the pipe number with the parameter close to the machine.

e836e23cgy1g8drevkrgyj20lo0egdyg.jpg

The electronic tube is a machine with individuality. All tests must be traceable. Each machine has a numbered record from the machine to the aging factory. Multiple tests are performed to observe the stability of the parameters.

e836e23cgy1g8drfbqjulj20lo0eg7m1.jpg

All machines will work in the aging rack for 72 hours, during which 100% functional tests, parameter tests, etc. will be performed several times.

e836e23cgy1g8drfnn247j20lo0eg1ac.jpg

Each tube needs to be calibrated with a first anode, a second anode and a cathode resistor, respectively, in order to achieve less distortion and a uniform fixed output. Actually, because a tube needs to be coordinated by three adjustable resistors to work in an optimal state, so that the output of the machine reaches a certain range and the distortion is the lowest, this is quite a patience work, sometimes a tube needs to be debugged for half an hour.

e836e23cgy1g8drhh7r5bj20lo0egqmq.jpg

The actual test data shows that the distortion is mostly around 1% at full output and less than 0.5% at small output. For small portable machines, it is rare to have such data. The test found that under the state of charge and battery power, the parameters have a slight influence, so the battery power is king.
All machines are tested for residual noise (ie, under battery-powered conditions, the bottom noise test file (empty file) is played, the sound is turned off, the heat engine is at a high volume, and the volume is 100). If the output noise is greater than 0.2 mV, it is considered unqualified. The tube can be ok.

e836e23cgy1g8dri5tfflj20lo0egtt8.jpg

AC output residual voltage when playing a 0 level file.

e836e23cgy1g8drhzuy9xj20lo0egdzb.jpg

The test results are recorded, and there will be different tests for cold machine, heat engine, late aging and early tests. In all tests, the parameters are not out of range until the final OK. (Fortunately, all problems are solved by changing the tube)

e836e23cgy1g8dript316j20lo0egkbu.jpg
e836e23cgy1g8dripegtxj20lo0egkbt.jpg

After the instrument test, our golden ear brother will not find any obvious defects for a few minutes after each actual audition.

Oct 29, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #38 of 79
After a long time of polishing, the Xuelin tube player can finally meet with you.

e836e23cgy1g808caap5jj20m80m81kx.jpg

The tube is a very old thing, and it only exists in very professional niche occasions, such as TV signal transmission. However, due to its special working mode: small current, even harmonics, reverberation caused by electronic splash, it has become the mainstream of fever, whether kt88, el34 or jiangwang 845 have a large number of loyal fans.

The player is a young product. It has only been 10 years since the hm801. Most of the users are young friends. Most of them like fast and powerful and cool tuning. So is the reconciliation between the two? I feel that it is ok. After all, the same way, the pursuit of music is our ultimate goal. Technology is only one of them.

Tube applications need to overcome many difficulties, such as noise, microphone effects, and heat. When I was talking to a fan in the forum, he was blunt to say: the electronic tube is on the go, all are rogue. I feel that technology is constantly evolving and progressing. In World War II, there are bile ducts that can be made into matchbox-sized wireless transmitters. It is still wrong to hold on to the old concept. All problems can be overcome slowly and explored in order to move forward.

Xue Lin 1969 biliary player is a beneficial attempt to balance between the two and achieved better results. Based on the original 1969, we upgraded from beginning to end. In the digital part of the headend, the asrc asynchronous phase-locked loop up-conversion plus ultra-low phase noise clock is used to reduce the system jitter to a very low state.

The tail end analog circuit we use jan5636 bile voltage amplification plus two-way ad8397 drive structure. The use of bile ducts in the body is still very rare, and the use of fully conventional thumb glass tubes is still the first. The tone of the bile duct has a "warm simulated taste" compared to the stone machine, but there are also some drawbacks. The bottom noise level of the bile duct is relatively large (this is also one of the sources of simulated flavor), the actual audition comparison, unless very few Multi-unit moving iron does not affect the sense of hearing. The unique sense of tube reverberation can be called the gospel of female drug lovers.

1969 bile player as a sound source via 845 bile, drive kef ls50 coaxial speaker recording file test video / recording file audition download: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1FfQDGDnQLQj5KXa4yfjMiQ  extraction code: ki45

Due to the discrete nature of the bile ducts, all machines are 100% manually tuned for distortion.

In addition, the bile duct is heated by the filament. Therefore, even if it is turned on, it will be silent, and it will not be able to reach the best state after a few minutes of work. Here, the downtime is not metaphysical. Different from the traditional player's pursuit of high quality, the 1969 bile player is a maverick, pursuing charm, worthy of your listening. Easy and sweet, I believe it will be your new favorite.

At 1:30 pm on October 18, Taobao official store went online to buy

Https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=605711763272

All the top 30 customers who placed the 1969 electronic player, an additional value of 499 yuan Xuelin Xiaocui single-action iron headphones.

Official price: 3399 yuan booking price: 3199 yuan

In order to thank the old users for their support and encouragement to us all the time, Xuelin old users (purchased any academic forest products, issued relevant receipts or warranty cards and customer service confirmation). The old users booked a preferential price of 2,999 yuan.

Older users in 1969 can upgrade to the tube version. The specific upgrade is as follows:

1 Replace the tube power amplifier board.

2 The clock portion is upgraded to the global clock asrc (26mhz mclk).

3 Replace the rear cover with a new rear cover with glazing.

4 Check and maintain, replace with new battery.

The above upgrade fee is 800 yuan. In order to avoid confusion, the upgrade will start after ordering the first wholesale goods (it is expected to be sent back to the machine upgrade in the order of the first month of November)

Delivery date: Estimated delivery time is early November

e836e23cgy1g808ejusmqj20ly0x3qqt.jpg
e836e23cgy1g808f1o5ozj20ly10vnpd.jpg
e836e23cgy1g808g98v8jj20ly0xg7t3.jpg
e836e23cgy1g808gjvbbtj20ly0luayc.jpg
e836e23cgy1g808fb4sw2j20ly1nvkjl.jpg
e836e23cgy1g808h32bkfj20ly0jhgt4.jpg
e836e23cgy1g808hlu8wdj20ly0kp7as.jpg
e836e23cgy1g808hrps8vj20ly0ocwp8.jpg
e836e23cgy1g808hyldplj20l916i4qp.jpg

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #39 of 79
I might get one of these xuelins

Nov 22, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #42 of 79
Penon Audio has H6 tube listed on their website.

https://penonaudio.com/xuelin-h6-ihifi1969-tube.html
It would interesting to compare tube version to transistor version, but I'm not in need of another dap (for now). Strange that description of both versions of ihifi1969 say that it has 5 filters, but "Ultra Slow Attenuation Integrated Filter" isn't there. AK4495 dac has this fifth filter but I suppose it's simply not implemented in ihifi1969 firmware.

Dec 19, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #43 of 79
I bit the bullet, and ordered the 1969 tube dap. I really thought I was done in the game, but got itchy re: tube sound. Will see how it turns out with my hybrids and headphones. Will keep everyone posted.

Dec 19, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #45 of 79
I bit the bullet, and ordered the 1969 tube dap. I really thought I was done in the game, but got itchy re: tube sound. Will see how it turns out with my hybrids and headphones. Will keep everyone posted.

I'm tempted by it as well but already have a DX150 with AMP9 (Nutube) plus a handful of other daps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back