Xperia Ray +Fiio E11 + Denon AH-D2000
Jun 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

meatoyz1

New Head-Fier
Hi guys! Can I ask about your opinions on this combo(Xperia Ray+Fiio E11+Denon AH-D2000)? Also, is Xperia Ray a good source/ has a good DAC in it? It would be nice if someone could verify/comment on this. I mostly listen to modern rock (anberlin, mae, etc..), some metal/rock n' roll (Kiss, Metallica, Led Zep), Jazz, some classical, and Unplugged stuff. While auditioning for a new hp (coming from a portapro and Superlux hd662f) I used anberlin songs and Since I've been loving by led zep as my test tracks so that I could test the sibilance of the headphones (I tried the AKG K550, Senn HD 598, ATH-M50, and Soundmagic hp100). I think my ears got trained a little and I can now sense some discomfort from hearing the sharp sssssss, chhhh, and shhhhhhhh from the songs 
basshead.gif
. I was wondering if it is the Xperia Ray's shortcomings/ the 320 mp3's I am using/ brightness of the headphones/ the Fiio E11/ the recording itself of the select songs (especially for anberlin). OR it is natural for headphones to really sound that way? I play those tracks also on my speakers and I don't hear any sibilance or sharpness at all (I guess because speakers are different from hp's). Anyway I'm asking a lot of questions because I'm an audio noob :) so yeah sorry for that. Hopefully someone can shed some light here for me. Thanks and Godspeed! 
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back