Xonar Xense Sneak Peak : Sennheiser Partnership?
Mar 3, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #16 of 33
This is neat. I'd love it if these consumer sound cards would step away from PCI/PCI-E and make a nice external in-out interface like Creative used to do though.

...And as others have said, the PC350 is garbage. I prefer my PC151. <_< Good to see Senn trying to get involved, though.

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by sokolov91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WARNING TO ALL: Unless the PC 350 is somehow changed or updated, they are the worst sounding headphones I have ever had the misfortune of using, and buying. ....

PC350 is 150ohm, did u use the right headphone amp to drive it?

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #18 of 33
All I can say is cool. Get more audio products in the gaming masses so they can buy some decent headphones and drive down the price for us
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by audionewbieyao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PC350 is 150ohm, did u use the right headphone amp to drive it?

Through my experience, it doesn't matter as it still sounds bad with it amped through my HDP. I sold it since I didn't want to mod it and got myself the AD700 instead which is far more versatile for music and gaming. Even my friend's HD555 sounds much better in every way, the bass and midrange is anemic sounding on the PC350 unmodded.

Apr 7, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Through my experience, it doesn't matter as it still sounds bad with it amped through my HDP. I sold it since I didn't want to mod it and got myself the AD700 instead which is far more versatile for music and gaming. Even my friend's HD555 sounds much better in every way, the bass and midrange is anemic sounding on the PC350 unmodded.

It does matter. There is a huge difference having the pc350 properly amped versus plug-n-play. Another thing, they are not made for music, but tweaked more for gaming and especially communication.

Apr 8, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #23 of 33
Ya, I also noticed this bundle (or combination???)during CeBIT. Really interesting, coz of high-end soundcard partnership with high-end headphone maker. However, how much would it be? $300? $400? or less than 300!?
k701smile.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #24 of 33
I would probably get it if the bundle cost less than 400.
Still good deal...
But also depends on the performance tho...

I mean, my HD600 is great, but it doesn't have a MIC...
frown.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope.

Do you think this Xence card is much better than the ST?. Should i send in the ST and wait for this new one?

Apr 8, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #28 of 33
I think it may be a good idea to wait and see how the new card turns out.
As I already pointed out, I doubt this card will come with the PC350's. I am thinking more along the lines of a custom set of PC151's which was seen in another picture.
You also have to consider that the PC 350's are considered a "gaming" set of headphones whereas these cards have not been targeting gamers.

You may be waiting awhile yet.

Apr 8, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #29 of 33
If the card turns out to be better than the Essence ST/X, I hope they will at least consider selling it without the headphones.

Apr 8, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by audionewbieyao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would probably get it if the bundle cost less than 400.
Still good deal...
But also depends on the performance tho...

I mean, my HD600 is great, but it doesn't have a MIC...
frown.gif

It's just dumb to put a con on HD600 because it doesn't a mic, HD600 isn't targeted for voice chat or gamers, if you cared so much about mic it would be best to get a high quality standalone mic, hopefully you were just being sarcastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back