Xonar Xense Sneak Peak : Sennheiser Partnership?
Mar 2, 2010 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

asianfi

100+ Head-Fier
Seems like an upgraded xonar ST/STX. I do love the idea that they're incorporating DVI extensions, something I proffered with the auzen line.
Can't imagine the price on this since it's bundled with a pc 350, I guess we're gonna start seeing more and more SCs with headphone amps in the near future

Link (google translator)

Mar 2, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #2 of 33
Interesting.

Well, "partnership" is not ultimately good thing as someone may enforce something at some point, you like it or not. I'm more for independence
biggrin.gif

If it's bundled with headphones, don't see much point in that tbh ... (that's one form of enforcement). Just give me the solid card without any fancy stuff and I will decide about the upgrades. That's just me.

Obviously, details are sparse ... not sure what's under the Senn hood on that picture. Break out cable is nice touch as you may use bigger connector of higher quality (especially if you need multi channel set-up).

It's good to see that they are keen to integrate good headphone amps and it's especially goot to see that PC audio land market is heating up after such loooong pause. That can only bring the good things to us.

Mar 2, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #3 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by asianfi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems like an upgraded xonar ST/STX. I do love the idea that they're incorporating DVI extensions, something I proffered with the auzen line.
Can't imagine the price on this since it's bundled with a pc 350, I guess we're gonna start seeing more and more SCs with headphone amps in the near future

Link (google translator)

There is nothing out except for a pic of a model and no official specs.
Hopefully I will be getting updated information and pictures of the PCB and others.
Also, there is nothing official to say it will actually be bundled with the PC350's...that is a guess based on the pic from Cebit.

Mar 2, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #4 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is nothing out except for a pic of a model and no official specs.
Hopefully I will be getting updated information and pictures of the PCB and others.
Also, there is nothing official to say it will actually be bundled with the PC350's...that is a guess based on the pic from Cebit.

Seems tacky enough to sport the Sennheiser logo, can't see why they wouldn't bundle it with one of their headphones. Hopefully we'll get some updates soon!

Mar 2, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #5 of 33
No, I didn't say they weren't bundling it with a set of cans. I just said there seems to be no official word as to which set they are putting in the box. I don't think it will be the PC350's as they are "game" tuned cans, I see this product being aimed more at the music crowds.
To note, I also seen some pics of headphones looking similar to PC151's? with an ASUS logo on them.

I am working on some updates.

Mar 2, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #6 of 33
This is no coincidence, Sennheiser HD580/6x0 synergies really well with STX sound and headphone amp.

With that Sennheiser logo on the card, Asus hopes that their card would finally be taken seriously by headphiles... but we'll wait and see how it differs from STX/ST.

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #7 of 33
what is DVI for? i though it was video-only interface

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by dex85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is DVI for? i though it was video-only interface

it's most likely a breakout cable for 7.1

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #9 of 33
thanks, it's interesting to use 'Digital Video Interface' for audio purpose and i can't say i like the idea of using break-out cable for stereo output. but it will be interesting to see what is this card about and how Sennheiser contributed to its development.

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #11 of 33
WARNING TO ALL: Unless the PC 350 is somehow changed or updated, they are the worst sounding headphones I have ever had the misfortune of using, and buying. Not only are they tinny are garbage for music, they are bad for games too. If you want some sort of proper 3D feel... get a pair of ultrasones, or rely on your soundcards DSP, NOT those headphones.

I am not a snob, I rarely experience things as being outright bad... but man What was sennheiser thinking? I feel bad for the pro gamers who are sponsored by them and have to wear their POS gaming line.... mind you same thing for Steel Series people I guess.

On the plus side, the microphone of the PC 350 is stellar.. but I look dumb wearing it around my neck for only that purpose.

On another note... if the card offered balanced output... NOW we are talking!!
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #12 of 33
@Sokolov, there is no official information to suggest the card will be bundled with those headphones. I thnk they were just used as part of the display. There are some other shots of cans that look similar to the PC151's that have an ASUS logo on them. These will probably be the ones that will be included.

Balanced output would be nice, but not very practical for consumer soundcards meant to reach a large market. It is great to see manufacturers interested in the needs of headphone users.

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by forciano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope it has better specs than the current essence line
atsmile.gif

yes, 150dB SNR would be neat
nico54.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back