Xonar U7 or Fiio E10 for home use?
Oct 22, 2013 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tapik

New Head-Fier
I want to go with some external soundcard with some AMP (for future use, currently I have SuperLux HD 681B, and they don't really need an amp), but I use my PC mainly for gaming, youtube and music listening.

The E10 is great as an amp but it's just stereo and I dont know how the positioning in games and movies will be working there.

The U7 looks like a solid decision, but I don't really know how good Amp and DAC are built in there.

The price difference in our stores is about 10$, which is not that much (U7 more expencive).

Dont know what to buy...

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #2 of 3
  I want to go with some external sound card with some AMP (for future use, currently I have SuperLux HD 681B, and they don't really need an amp), but I use my PC mainly for gaming, youtube and music listening.
The E10 is great as an amp but it's just stereo and I don't know how the positioning in games and movies will be working there.
The U7 looks like a solid decision, but I don't really know how good Amp and DAC are built in there.
The price difference in our stores is about 10$, which is not that much (U7 more expencive).
Don't know what to buy...

The Fiio E10 has a more powerful headphone amplifier.
But if the games you play need Headphone Surround Sound, then get the U7.
The U7 should still be good for headphones up to 150-Ohm.
What prices are the E10 and U7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back