Xonar Essence STX Out of Stock
Mar 30, 2010 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

zotjen

Headphoneus Supremus
Any one else notice that almost every retailer is listing the STX as out of stock? Is it really that high in demand? I'm wondering how long it is going to take Asus to replenish supplies.

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #2 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any one else notice that almost every retailer is listing the STX as out of stock? Is it really that high in demand? I'm wondering how long it is going to take Asus to replenish supplies.

Get the better "ST" then? they are the same price...

Mar 31, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #4 of 19
Well here in the States at least, the ST is more expensive than the STX. As to which one is better, I think it's a matter of opinion.

Apr 2, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well here in the States at least, the ST is more expensive than the STX. As to which one is better, I think it's a matter of opinion.

Really? in Canada they are the same price... It's probably not much of a diff anyways :S. Cards are essentially the same but ST has an improved clock circuit so I don't think it is debatable which one is better -ST is the clear technical winner, which one you would like better I cannot tell you.

Apr 2, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #6 of 19
It been like 2 weeks since anybody had any stx versions but the st is available. Everyone wants the stx even tho the st is better because pci-e is not going to be outdated as fast and has more slots on the motherboard.

Apr 2, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #7 of 19
I've noticed that some retailers in Taipei were listing the both ST & STX as out of stock. But it's not a big deal here becase these cards are usually in high deamnd since last year... BTW, maybe you can wait for a while since ASUS usually replenish its stock very soon.

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #8 of 19
Here in the USA I called 30 suppliers today and all said back order or discontinued some in print on their web sites said discontinued. Here is an example.

Asus Accessories - Discontinued

I called ASAU and the customer service Rep said card was not discontinued TODAY. When pressured as to when it would be they kept the company line and would not say. This lends creditability as to it will gone soon. Buy if you can find one NOW. I will wait for the next version to come out. Does ANYONE know when or what it will be called.
Now that it is gone what is the next best choice for 2.1 channel HI FI quality like the STX?

Apr 7, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #9 of 19
I think it only refers to that particular store, not the Asus tho...

Apr 7, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by infoseaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I called 30 suppliers today and all said back order or discontinued some in print on their web sites said discontinued.

that's because the "STXXX Reloaded MK2" is bound to show up anytime soon.

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by sokolov91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? in Canada they are the same price... It's probably not much of a diff anyways :S. Cards are essentially the same but ST has an improved clock circuit so I don't think it is debatable which one is better -ST is the clear technical winner, which one you would like better I cannot tell you.

I remember macrog said the ST sounded marginally better, although the STX measures better apparently (according to ASUS themselves). It's likely just a matter of opinion.

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #12 of 19
Ha~~~take it easy. 30 calls to retailers!!! WOW, it seems you are really a BIG BIG fan of Asus Xonar Essence.
However, I don't think ASUS would discontinue this gorgeous card right now. Compared with the specs, price, and quality, I can’t see any reason for its leaving. Xonar Essence, as we can see, did receive high credit from this forum or others. If you were ASUS, would you suspend this competitive card at this stage? NO WAY!!!

Apr 8, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by infoseaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here in the USA I called 30 suppliers today and all said back order or discontinued some in print on their web sites said discontinued. Here is an example.

Asus Accessories - Discontinued

I called ASAU and the customer service Rep said card was not discontinued TODAY. When pressured as to when it would be they kept the company line and would not say. This lends creditability as to it will gone soon. Buy if you can find one NOW. I will wait for the next version to come out. Does ANYONE know when or what it will be called.
Now that it is gone what is the next best choice for 2.1 channel HI FI quality like the STX?

I don’t want to discuss whether you did call 30 retailers and ALL of them said back order or discontinued. But the truth is that I just bought one piece 3 days ago in NEWegg, and I can even find some on Newegg and Micro center just now. I would agree that this might happen just in the particular store…But Discontinued??? I don’t think so…Out of stock….one possibility is that we guys love Xonar Essence too much and clean all the stock before ASUS replenish it…ha

Apr 8, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #14 of 19
Apr 8, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #15 of 19
587XXX and Hybrys, I do hope you are right and I am wrong. I am in the USA so it just might be a local thing. I did provide a link to a site that said discontinued. I also checked Newegg and yes the product is listed but when you go to order it. Its out of stock. In Fact here is over 20 sites from Google that have it listed and this is where I started calling for status. Not one had it in stock and several said discoutinued all on the via a phone call' I did not just call the local best buy. Even price watch has it but that site too is out of stock. If this was easy I would not be posting.

ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound card - 192 kHz - 24-bit

I am not trying to kill a dead horse but understand that just because its displayed on a site, unless you call and speak to someone there its no garentee.

Thanks for the info on the ST card as I may look into it. As always thanks for replying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back