Xonar essence ST with an external ibasso t3 headphone amp via headphone jack?
Aug 28, 2011 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

nicholars

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello,

Great forums.... I have been doing a lot of reading over the last week or so about some new headphones and an amp....

I have ordered some Shure SRH840's and I am interested in an ibasso T3 amp connected to a Asus Xonar Essence ST/STX....

Currently I have Cambridge Audio Dacmagic and an Asus Xonar D2 and I plan to sell these and replace them....

The question I cannot seem to find any good / definitive answers to is as follows :

If I want to use a Xonar Essence ST/STX and connect the dual RCA out connections to my HIFI AMP and Speakers so those connections will be taken up.....

SO I am left with the amplified headphone socket which I read isnt that great so I would like to add an ibasso T3 amplifier but this is the bit I am unsure of....

Will running an external amp (ibasso t3) through the already amplified socket a) work properly b) Be safe and C) sound good? Obviosully the whole point is to get as good sound qualioty as possible so will an amp through the headphone socket work ok and sound good?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back