XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Sep 28, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #3,691 of 3,865
I'm looking for a compareable device to a singxer X 1 ( price and performance ) but with toslink output ?
preferably bus powered.

Sep 28, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #3,692 of 3,865
Nov 11, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #3,694 of 3,865
I'm looking for a compareable device to a singxer X 1 ( price and performance ) but with toslink output ?
preferably bus powered.
Hi,
Did you find the interface you were looking for, with toslink output ?

Last month, Weilang launched the new version of the Breeze U8, V.2.1, withe XU208 xmos chip (much cheaper than the Singxer F1 & SU-1).
Did someone try this new version of the Breeze ? Better SQ than the 1st version of the Breeze ?
Thnks
Rgds

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #3,695 of 3,865
Just bought the Singxer F-1 for using with my Marantz HD-Dac01, haven't received it yet. Any recommendations for USB- and coax-cables for my setup? The guy selling the Singxer was willing to build me a coax Neotech rca-rca cable for 35 euros. Is it worth it to spend a lot on these cables or will the cheaper ones do the trick also?

Edit. I already bought the cables.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #3,696 of 3,865
Hi guys,
First time post. I read many pages of this great thread and bought a F-1. I have a quick question and wondering if someobe can help me out.

I received the card and it came up with a connector pin. Do I need to connect it? I will be using F-1 for tidal going to my pre/pro. So no dsd playback is required.

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #3,697 of 3,865
kitsunehifi wrote on page........

NEW 2017 firmware (2.22 and 2.20) for DSD512 native is for customers only and by email request only. This will support the newest OS for Sonore Urendu @ full dsd512 native!

I bought SINGXER SU-1 from not kitsunehifi page, but I need this firmware too. If anyone have it, write me PM...Thank You

Nov 16, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #3,700 of 3,865
preferably bus powered.
GET THE DXIO PRO3Z:

Might better than singxer as it using XU216
I sold my F1 after and yes the PRO3Z is a bit but noticably better .

Last month, Weilang launched the new version of the Breeze U8, V.2.1, with XU208 xmos chip (much cheaper than the Singxer F1 & SU-1).
Did someone try this new version of the Breeze ? Better SQ than the 1st version of the Breeze ?
Thnks
Rgds
If true then it should be just as good and a great buy.
Yet the DXIO PRO3Z still has the better XU216 chip with optional power source selectable:
1510887056303715614399.jpg

:)

Would adding iFi Nano iUSB3.0 to the chain with my Marantz-HD-Dac01 and Singxer F-1 make any noticeable difference in the sound quality?
Yes I used a similar setup , using an IFI power adapter into a Regen to feed the F1 and it did improve it .
So optional power source did improve but the F1 need it to be fed into it's USB,
While the PRO3Z has an optional power input socket and switch selectable,
So it is just a better unit.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #3,701 of 3,865
Hi,
Did you find the interface you were looking for, with toslink output ?

Last month, Weilang launched the new version of the Breeze U8, V.2.1, withe XU208 xmos chip (much cheaper than the Singxer F1 & SU-1).
Thnks
Rgds
I ordered it during the sale. Will report back as and when i get it.

Nov 18, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #3,703 of 3,865
Guys anyone know where I can download the driver for F-1? I am getting run around from the ebay seller. i would greatly appreciate your help.
Go to the Shenzhen Audio site - there's a link there

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #3,705 of 3,865
Hey Guys,
I installed the driver and device worked fine, then starting sunday it would lose the audio randomly. interface will show up in windows sound, but no audio at all, so I restarted and and works then same issue couple of minutes later, restart no audio, unplugged and plugged and started working again. This was on window 7 so I thought maybe its OS updated to windows 10 worked fine for couple of hours then same issue. Uninstall and reinstall couple of times and now it just show up for a minute then disappear I either get last device malfunction error or windows installs generic usb 2 drivers then it works for couple of minsutes and boom gone from windows. Installing xmoss drivers have no impact. tried two different USB cables and all usb ports. I have behringer UC202 and HRT streamer II that work without any issues. I contacted the ebay seller but haven't received any response yet. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back