XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Sep 26, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #3,646 of 3,865
I have some advice - move slowly away from your test bench and sit in a comforable chair  - turn on some familar music - relax and listen...

You know most of the more successful audio companies have excellent listening rooms to evaluate gear - might wanna try that - you may actually survive as an audio company by doing so.

You obviously don't realize that you have to know how to make the good sounding products first before sitting back in the chair. You quote numbers all the time yet have no idea what they mean. None of the engineers who make the products you like would agree with anything you have to say.

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #3,647 of 3,865
You obviously don't realize that you have to know how to make the good sounding products first before sitting back in the chair. You quote numbers all the time yet have no idea what they mean. None of the engineers who make the products you like would agree with anything you have to say.

OK - so now you are going to tell me what I know and don't know.  Then have the temerity to speak for all audio engineers...including the Focusrite engineers who made the Rednet gear you just criticized as having $2 power supplies.

Wow dude - I have one comment - delusional.

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #3,648 of 3,865
OK - so now you are going to tell me what I know and don't know.  Then have the temerity to speak for all audio engineers...including the Focusrite engineers who made the Rednet gear you just criticized as having $2 power supplies.

Wow dude - I have one comment - delusional.

The fact that Focusrite made such a great sounding product with that $2 SMPS is a huge kudo's to them if anything.

If you don't like technical data, stop quoting it all the time. Quit pretending you know far more than you do. All it results in is folks spending far more money than they would need to by doing things right from the beginning. A 5 minute chat with a real engineer would trump all the revelations made in this thread.

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #3,649 of 3,865
The fact that Focusrite made such a great sounding product with that $2 SMPS is a huge kudo's to them if anything.

If you don't like technical data, stop quoting it all the time. Quit pretending you know far more than you do. All it results in is folks spending far more money than they would need to by doing things right from the beginning. A 5 minute chat with a real engineer would trump all the revelations made in this thread.

Ok here we go - you come over to the thread I started - to tell me what I can and can't post.

Who died and made you audio king?

If you don't like this thread why don't you just move on to another...before you get this one blocked like you did on my other AOIP thread...

You are roving thread destroyer...nice job on that CA thread by the way...making friends and influencing people.  Ever think of Politics...I see CC is a Huuuge fan.

Sep 26, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #3,650 of 3,865
Gents... I do agree recent posts have gone off topic. Not that a discussion about various power supplies and their technical aspects and associated charts isn't interesting and relevant on this forum.
But this is a thread specifically about XMOS-based USB bridges. Therefore suggest comments stick to them. It's quite easy to create a new topic to discuss power supplies...

Sep 26, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #3,651 of 3,865
This level of hostility is better suited to PM's. People reading this forum are not interested in this nastiest.

Sep 26, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #3,653 of 3,865
Yes, stop this bs and get on with this thread.

Sep 26, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #3,654 of 3,865
Do not try to improve rb, improve the F1. :D

Sep 26, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #3,655 of 3,865
This is all an unfortunate distraction. I don't speak for others, but I imagine a few points below might reflect their thoughts, too. 

I'm MOST interested in reasonably affordable, reasonably simple and fantastic sounding audio gear. I'm on a quest to get close to the sound, vibe and soul of the writers and performers who were INSPIRED to put their hearts into words and music. That's it! I want to be moved to play air guitar, resonate with the songs and only wish that I'd written some of them. 

Most audiophiles have a very limited comprehension of MOST audiophile terminology and subsequent debates. Remember the glorious days of unwrapping a fresh vinyl release and sitting and listening to a new release? How many parts were involved? Answer: A piece of vinyl, a cartridge, a turntable and a phono stage (or more likely a COMPLETE receiver) and speakers. Audiophiles are killing their own ambitions by making all of this too complicated, too erudite and full of endless diatribes and squabbles. It's an absolute turn off to those seeking the truth in audio and music. 

What we all need is far less ******** and more clear clean simple answers. Who wants to invest in 12 pieces of gear to make "The Source" sound great? Each piece of individual gear requires power (which introduces noise) and a cable (which CANNOT improve sound quality) and possibly more software. How does all this help in the end?

Rb2013, I sincerely appreciate what you've brought to the table. And, you are likely on the forefront of a great revolution in AOIP and audio quality. It would be fantastic to steer clear of taking and responding to jibes from someone who has managed to be banned from multiple forums. Be above it; or, at least, outside it. 

Let's get back on track. 

Thank you. 

Sep 26, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #3,656 of 3,865
This is all an unfortunate distraction. I don't speak for others, but I imagine a few points below might reflect their thoughts, too. 

I'm MOST interested in reasonably affordable, reasonably simple and fantastic sounding audio gear. I'm on a quest to get close to the sound, vibe and soul of the writers and performers who were INSPIRED to put their hearts into words and music. That's it! I want to be moved to play air guitar, resonate with the songs and only wish that I'd written some of them. 

Most audiophiles have a very limited comprehension of MOST audiophile terminology and subsequent debates. Remember the glorious days of unwrapping a fresh vinyl release and sitting and listening to a new release? How many parts were involved? Answer: A piece of vinyl, a cartridge, a turntable and a phono stage (or more likely a COMPLETE receiver) and speakers. Audiophiles are killing their own ambitions by making all of this too complicated, too erudite and full of endless diatribes and squabbles. It's an absolute turn off to those seeking the truth in audio and music. 

What we all need is far less ******** and more clear clean simple answers. Who wants to invest in 12 pieces of gear to make "The Source" sound great? Each piece of individual gear requires power (which introduces noise) and a cable (which CANNOT improve sound quality) and possibly more software. How does all this help in the end?

Rb2013, I sincerely appreciate what you've brought to the table. And, you are likely on the forefront of a great revolution in AOIP and audio quality. It would be fantastic to steer clear of taking and responding to jibes from someone who has managed to be banned from multiple forums. Be above it; or, at least, outside it. 

Let's get back on track. 

Thank you. 
Well said, although I disagree on the cable comment - vigorously...

That aside, audio is a extremely enjoyable hobby for us. But for others it's a tough business. Money and income at risk. I appreciate knowledgeable industry folks commenting. But this episode of serial posts all in a manner of a day on a whole range of subjects, some far removed from anything to do with this thread, is well...quite bizzare.

The sad part is there is some interesting information nuggets there.

I think a power supply thread is a great idea, in my experience power supplies with the f-1 make a major difference.

Cheers

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #3,658 of 3,865
Probably at least 60% of this thread is dedicated to the topic of power supplies, LDO's and clocking. I'm not sure why it's off topic when someone shares information pertaining to the primary discussions in this thread, when is backed up with supporting data. I suppose if the data is too concrete it's frowned upon. If it's more along the lines of hearsay, and bogus claims it get's a thumbs up. And of course if it's something that can be backed up with supporting logic and data, it must sound bad. Because you must choose either good sound, or good technical merit's. There's no such thing as both. And heaven forbid if there's an engineer (bench jockey) involved in the process of building the product you enjoy. Because we all know the best audio gear is designed by fairies and unicorns :) 

May 7, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #3,660 of 3,865
Has anyone seen this version? Looks similar to the F-1, with more outputs, and a better price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122420183602

That one is **same** processor power as the F1.
Looks good to have more outputs as well.

I also have a unit that is slightly more powerful processor than the F1.
It is the DXIO Pro3Z (not Pro3a).

I did hear an improvement with F1, so I would believe this one you found also a good bet.
Only issue is same issue of needing to get a box, so maybe look for a unit already finished

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back