XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Jul 30, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #3,106 of 3,865
Hello,
I've been looking for some extra isolation between my PC and DAC.
I have the option of replacing the USB-I2S converter with something like the F-1 or keeping my existing USB-I2S Amanero converter and adding a high speed usb isolator like Intona or Alldaq.

The F-1 looks great and does it's isolation after USB conversion to I2S/spdif.
The Intona and the Alldaq does it's isolation in USB.

Here's the new high speed usb isolator from alldaq:
http://www.alldaq.com/en/adq-iso
Looks like the Intona.

many options :)

Regards,
Danny

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #3,107 of 3,865
Throw in the upcoming ifi s/pdif ipurifier.That's 3 way isolation. Can't wait for it to happen for the mimby i just purchased.

Jul 30, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #3,109 of 3,865
Is it likely that the Singxer SU-1 will be in stock in a couple months?

I ordered one last week and its arriving monday.

The F-1 w/ case is on back order.

Jul 30, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #3,112 of 3,865
  Hello,
I've been looking for some extra isolation between my PC and DAC.
I have the option of replacing the USB-I2S converter with something like the F-1 or keeping my existing USB-I2S Amanero converter and adding a high speed usb isolator like Intona or Alldaq.

The F-1 looks great and does it's isolation after USB conversion to I2S/spdif.
The Intona and the Alldaq does it's isolation in USB.

Here's the new high speed usb isolator from alldaq:
http://www.alldaq.com/en/adq-iso
Looks like the Intona.

many options :)

Regards,
Danny

Nice.... much better looking box than the Intona and offers external power in 2 voltage options... I would not know how to compare the performance specs between the 2 though....

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #3,113 of 3,865
Nice.... much better looking box than the Intona and offers external power in 2 voltage options... I would not know how to compare the performance specs between the 2 though....
The Icron/Startech GB LAN Iso Audio USB extender offers galvanic isolation, and Ethernet extension, with LPS PS on the REX and LEX ends, excellent SQ. Doubt the Intona can match that.

Jul 31, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #3,116 of 3,865
The Icron/Startech GB LAN Iso Audio USB extender offers galvanic isolation, and Ethernet extension, with LPS PS on the REX and LEX ends, excellent SQ. Doubt the Intona can match that.

Actually my post was a comment in reference to the Alldaq unit mentioned above which seems about half price of the USB-Ethernet-USB convertor you tried....
I only mention the Intona because I am using one of those and it is a fantastic help in my system, and a similar device to the Alldaq... also lots of good reports on the Intona elsewhere..
It seems even with the XU208, some type of full isolation from the PC is helpful... there may be different ways to accomplish that to various degree$ of success..
and there will, of course, always be something better.....

Jul 31, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #3,118 of 3,865

Actually my post was a comment in reference to the Alldaq unit mentioned above which seems about half price of the USB-Ethernet-USB convertor you tried....
I only mention the Intona because I am using one of those and it is a fantastic help in my system, and a similar device to the Alldaq... also lots of good reports on the Intona elsewhere..
It seems even with the XU208, some type of full isolation from the PC is helpful... there may be different ways to accomplish that to various degree$ of success..
and there will, of course, always be something better.....

The Alldaq does look interesting - curious to hear some feedback on the PS Audio LANRover

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #3,120 of 3,865
dear rb2013
I just got the teradak dc30w yesterday and comparing it to the battery powered Pro3z, the dc30w sounds quite edgy, dry and micro detail is minimum compared to the battery. now I haven't got the DC I purifier yet, but I do use an audio grade power cable.
i couldnt find any info. does it need burn in?
also do you have any recommendation to replace DC cable or the stock cable is ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back