XM4 Initial Impressions
Sep 3, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #46 of 53
WOOW tomasetti thanks alot. You showed me how easy and straightforward it is, soo just plug it in. Now how much of a difference does this chip do. How does the xm4 with the AD8620 chip stack up to lets say a corda move??????

Sep 4, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #48 of 53
Yeah, i am interested to known the comparison... Because i am interested in the Corda move. But i don´t have the money for it now, and i really doesn´t need the included DAC. I am very interested too in this amp (XM4) as a economical alternative for my Beyerdynamic DT770 and DT990 headphones. I want punchy bass (tight with slam) for my headphones and a very high soundstage too and obviously clarity sound... but i don´t known if it am is the ideal for my headphones...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duheed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOOW tomasetti thanks alot. You showed me how easy and straightforward it is, soo just plug it in. Now how much of a difference does this chip do. How does the xm4 with the AD8620 chip stack up to lets say a corda move??????

Sep 5, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #49 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The AD8620 op-amp wakes up the the XM3 or the XM4.

Maybe it is because I hear the grain more with my Grados, but it seems with those cans the original XM4 opamp is nicer (to my ears). WIth my 580s I do like the 8620 chip better. I have to say that I am still burning in the AD8620 and hoping it smooths out with time.

I am thinking about picking up some of the other chips suggested here, though it seems the the AD8620 is the favorite for this amp.

Phil

Sep 5, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #50 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomasetti1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look pictures here.

http://www.thai-audiofile.com/forum/...c687ff1b4c44b5

I appreciate the link too. My ad 8620 was a tight fit, I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. I actually needed to apply significant force to get is eated because of components being so close. It is in there and does work. Thanks for all of the good advice here.

Now a question, has anyone had experience with the XM4 ( stock and/or with a chip roll) and the MINI^3 and/or the XP amp. If so, I would ove to hear about it

Sep 5, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #51 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by mandrake50 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I appreciate the link too. My ad 8620 was a tight fit, I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. I actually needed to apply significant force to get is eated because of components being so close. It is in there and does work. Thanks for all of the good advice here.

Now a question, has anyone had experience with the XM4 ( stock and/or with a chip roll) and the MINI^3 and/or the XP amp. If so, I would ove to hear about it

It was a very tight fit for me too. To put in the AD8620, I had to remove the jumpers completely. They were just sitting on the outside posts, but they were in the way. It's a good thing I wasn't using them
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #52 of 53
I wonder whether any device burns in significantly, or with cans, other than short term.
BUT, lots of people feel that it happens, and it doesn't cost anything to do.

What would be your preference for an opamp in the XM4?

Phil

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No surprise that the AD8620 has a less nice midrange than the OPA2134. Don't expect things to change much - opamps don't burn in significantly.

Sep 18, 2007 at 10:11 AM Post #53 of 53
mad.gif

well i just recieved my brown dog premounted AD8620 through the mail, and completely my fault i have ended up snapping, and losing a pin off the adaptor.

as i have very little money at the moment, until a fortnights time - does anyone remember people referencing 'free samples' where you just pay the postage?

but i shouldnt think they do the premounted ones, just the op-amps

i am just after the AD8620 premounted to try in the XM4.

thanks for any possible linkage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back