xm satellite radio
Nov 13, 2002 at 8:42 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Walker
Thanks Tuberoller! And this from a man who lives in what used to be (and perhaps still is) one of the world's great "radio cities!" Are you old enough to remember the top 40 WARS of the 60s and 70s between WLS and WCFL? The voices of John "Records" (his real middle name!) Landecker, and Larry Lujack still echo through my memory. What I wouldn't give to hear a WLS Animal Story! LOL!

Thanks again!

Wow. what a blast from the past. If Tuberoller can't remember them, I sure can. I sure miss good FM, there's nothing like that down here or for that matter anywhere I have been lately.

Nov 13, 2002 at 11:54 PM Post #17 of 20
actually tube, I will be using it more for AM radio than anything else, I am addicted to old time radio shows and there is a station dedicated to these alone. I used to listen to them on WMAQ at night when I go to bed but now its all sports radio. They do run them at midnight on WBBM but I cannot get decent reception up here even with my cc radio with the antenna upgrade.... go figure...

Nov 14, 2002 at 6:33 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Walker
Thanks Tuberoller! And this from a man who lives in what used to be (and perhaps still is) one of the world's great "radio cities!" Are you old enough to remember the top 40 WARS of the 60s and 70s between WLS and WCFL? The voices of John "Records" (his real middle name!) Landecker, and Larry Lujack still echo through my memory. What I wouldn't give to hear a WLS Animal Story! LOL!

Thanks again!

That is a blast from the past.I do remember both guys.We still have a few great stations.The best is WXRT.They are world famous for the music and the records and Cds that have produced over the years.It is still the very best rock station in the world.

Nov 15, 2002 at 12:14 AM Post #19 of 20
I don't think the digital satellite radio for $10 a month will be around for very long.
About a month ago I read that the FTC approved digital radio transmissions in the US from conventional radio stations. The broadcasts would be free as they are now. They promised better sound quality, song titles, and additional text transmitted to the receiver. So perhaps while you are driving in your car, you could (on demand) get a traffic status on the road ahead.

I expect we'll see product within the next 6 months. I looked for an article but can't seem to find one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back