XIN what have you done to me?
Aug 10, 2003 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I was floating alone very nicely with my portable stuff and thought I would buy a super mini digital amp V6 to use with my portable radio. So today the V6 gets here. I mean its only for my portable radio but when I plugged my radio in to the v6 my radio sounded 5 times bigger? The sound was like unreal for a portable radio. So I thought why not plug it into my minidisc and away I go. This sounds incredible. My E2 sound twice as good as before. So I plug in my minidisc SR-225 and the V6 and blow me away. XIN is this a special amp that you made just for me? I mean is this a souped up V6. Is this amp the one you sell to everyone? Or are you messing with me and sent me a special digital V6? This amp has low tight bass and lots of it. The mids are clear and like never before. The highs just go smoothly and well high. I have been burning it in for over 13 hours now and the batt are the same ones I first put in. Why have you done this to me? This little midget of an amp is not in any way supposed to give out this kind of sound especially with only 3 AAA batt. I am now in a state of confusion about me ears ,my head, and my values about amps and everything I guess. I need a shrink big time because of this small little midget postage size well almost amp. How can it sound like it does. I think I am going mad and need to go away. XIN I am very confused by you and your amp and my value system is in ruin.

Aug 10, 2003 at 6:43 AM Post #2 of 24
Lou,
I'm glad that you like your new V6. Did you use the amp w/ the line out of your MD or the headphone out?

Purk

Aug 10, 2003 at 6:47 AM Post #3 of 24
purk
HI: How are you? I only have a headphone jack on my 610 but it is a very good one. I sold my 707 because the 610 sounded a lot better and stronger.

Aug 10, 2003 at 7:31 AM Post #5 of 24
Have any of you ever compared SuperMini V6 with MINT?

Lou, ain't you the one who claims that Headsave Transit>Supermini by a larger margin? What suddenly changes your opinion?

Aug 10, 2003 at 7:35 AM Post #6 of 24
I'm also curious about a comparison with your new Headsave Ultra (yes, I know they are designed for different uses).

Aug 10, 2003 at 12:18 PM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
I am now in a state of confusion about me ears ,my head, and my values about amps and everything I guess.

as usual
rolleyes.gif

Aug 10, 2003 at 1:10 PM Post #9 of 24
Silver
HI: The last V6 that I owned didn't sound like this V6. My last one was analog and this one is digital and must be an improved V6.

Aug 10, 2003 at 1:37 PM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

So who wants to start a pool till its for sale? I'll take 14days from now.

I'll take twenty. He seems to be slowing down a bit in between sales. Not too long ago I would have said six days, but I think he might make twenty this time.
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2003 at 4:33 PM Post #12 of 24
Well I bought a fully upgraded Transit based on Lou's recommendation. I was previously using a Super mini v6 with a digital pot. I find the Transit superior to the Super mini.

Using an Ipod and ety ER-4P with a 4S converter, I couldn't hear a big difference between the headphone out and the Super mini until I burned it in for at least 50 hours. At first, I was wanting to return it. After the burn-in, it does sound pretty damn good but I always thought some music just didn't sound exactly right. Right out of the box, the Transit sounds better. The music is more natural, the bass is deeper, soundstage wider, and all around better. This doens't mean the super mini sounds bad, just the Transit is that much better. From time to time I would do a headphone out to amp out comparison and the super mini only provided a slight improvement. With the Transit, you can hear a dramatic improvement. I still haven't put the required 50 hours of burn-in yet.

The other thing that might make a difference between my Transit and Lou's is my 2 9v batteries are in a series giving it 18v instead of just 9v. I also have a dc jack to give a full 24v when I'm near a power outlet. Plus he said he uses only alkaline batteries which keep losing their voltage over time. Putting new batteries in the the Super mini at 4.5v might produce similar sounds to well used batteries in the Transit with only 9v.

Lou, try putting a fresh set of batteries in the Transit and see if that makes a difference. Or think about getting rechargable NiMH batteries. They keep their high voltage until they run out just at the end. Look at http://www.nimhbattery.com/9v_nimh_batteries.htm They also have a link to the correct chargers once you choose your battery. I went with the iPowerUS 9V NiMH BATTERIES because they last longer and are quick charge too.

Aug 10, 2003 at 10:45 PM Post #13 of 24
Lou,
Oh, no..what have you you done to me this time? I just sold my V6 and bought Transit taking your recommendation. Now you are telling me the new super improved V6 is better than Transit. YIKE!!

Aug 11, 2003 at 12:40 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by MadDog
Lou,
Oh, no..what have you you done to me this time? I just sold my V6 and bought Transit taking your recommendation. Now you are telling me the new super improved V6 is better than Transit. YIKE!!

Believe me, you won't be disappointed with the Transit.

Aug 11, 2003 at 1:04 AM Post #15 of 24
The TRANSIT is a excellent amp. So is the ULTRA that I have 2 (well another is being made fore me next week) of and like very much. This I think new V6 if it has been redesigned sounds very good and just has surprised me with its sound and small size with the 3 AAA batt. All this stuff is great stuff and its just personal choice at the time. When I suggest something and then suggest something else that doesn't mean the first suggestion is no good. Its all good that I find to be good and just keep moving on. Just because I sell my hot idem don't make the idem any less hot. I just like to experience all that I can and when I get something I get enthused but its not long before I get something else and have that same enthusiasm. I don't think I have any bad sounding stuff and most of my suggestions are very good stuff. This is my hobby and I go fore it with a lot of effort and enthusiasm and change my taste often as long as there is something new to try. Any of what I have bought could be a keep fore someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back