Xin SuperMicroIV hisses more than the headphone out of ipod classic??!!! :<
Apr 16, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #16 of 26
@Quaddy thanks for the reply...i did try with 2 different branded fully charged batteries but no luck...see my comparison below,...glad to hear that ur SM is doin gd for u
redface.gif
redface.gif

ok i hv tried my MS1, my friend's UM1s and the stock ipod buds,
here's the hiss comparison (with no sources connected to the amp with fully charged batteries)

UM2>stock buds,UM1>MS1

There's virtually no hiss with the MS1s, that's prob they r less sensitive

i can definitely hear the hiss from the UM1s, i would say even greater than the headphone jack of my classic(with similar volume of music)
and i can hear the hiss from the buds even they r not in-ear n there's background noise like the fan of my crappy lappy....

the hiss from the UM2s is the greatest, that makes perfect cuz they r the most sensitive of all the phones i tested

conclusion:
hiss from the microIV is definitely greater than the classic!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

guess i would just wait for Dr Xin's reply...
frown.gif
frown.gif

Apr 27, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #17 of 26
ok...so the hiss is annoying to the point where i even want to use the headphone jack of my ipod rather than the amp...

i m definitely sure my amp is faulty

anyone from the UK wants to try the amp out for me?
let say we pay half half for the postage cost so i pay for mine to send to ur place and u pay for urs to send back to my place...

please let me know if you r interested

Apr 27, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #18 of 26
Maybe you should consider using an LOD instead of amping from the headphone jack. There's an old saying here on Head-Fi: You can't polish a turd.

Apr 27, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeckwsr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok...so the hiss is annoying to the point where i even want to use the headphone jack of my ipod rather than the amp...

i m definitely sure my amp is faulty

anyone from the UK wants to try the amp out for me?
let say we pay half half for the postage cost so i pay for mine to send to ur place and u pay for urs to send back to my place...

please let me know if you r interested

Where in London are you? I'm in Leyton E10...we could meet up & compare SuperMicro's if that would help...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where in London are you? I'm in Leyton E10...we could meet up & compare SuperMicro's if that would help...
smily_headphones1.gif

hi there...i m in SW7
maybe we can do that after may23rd cuz i m hvin exams soon

thanks for ur interest anyway
redface.gif

May 21, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #23 of 26
ha yea sure...
but as of now i m lookin for some who's had experience with it and tell me if mine has got a problem

sorry mate
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #24 of 26
as i am in the uk - i am more than happy to take receipt of your amp and compare and test it alongside my own for you to discern if yours is anything out of the ordinary.

please note my SM is older than yours so wont be exactly like for like, but should still highlight any difference in unwanted noise floor and additional non intended hissing/interference.

postage terms: you pay for postage to me, i pay for the postage back to you.

n.b i am unable to lend out my supermicro as it is physically bonded to a brand new source
wink.gif

if interested PM me for my address and we can go from there.

May 22, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as i am in the uk - i am more than happy to take receipt of your amp and compa.....

YGPM
tongue.gif

ok so Quaddy will try it out for me...thanks for the interest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back