Xin SuperMicro-IV VS RSA Tomahawk Impressions
Apr 24, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #76 of 119
GreatDane, the jumper sequence is: Its ABC! The I is impedence the way you have it is for high impedence, in other words if you have it set up as per the above picture then you added a 75 ohm resistor to both the L and R Channel. The second set is the Amp Gain, the way you have it is in the Low setting.

The following picture shows the Gain setting on High (8) and the XinFeed engaged (on). Hope this picture helps.

imgp2346s.jpg

Well the last thing to try would be to set the DC boos to high. Here is picture showing it in low. It is the jumper on the bottom right of the picture. Personally I would not recomend it, I would suggest try the above picture fix first. Good luck.

imgp2200.jpg

Apr 25, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #77 of 119
Thanks,

The DC boost is something that I know nothing about and was afraid to mess with. So it supplies more power(but is somehow dangerous)?

My picture of my SuperMini is not how I used it for the HD 650. That picture was taken a few weeks ago just for show. I think it was configured for my usual use which is for my ER4P.

Apr 25, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #79 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks,

The DC boost is something that I know nothing about and was afraid to mess with. So it supplies more power(but is somehow dangerous)?

My picture of my SuperMini is not how I used it for the HD 650. That picture was taken a few weeks ago just for show. I think it was configured for my usual use which is for my ER4P.

Hey buddy, DC Boost is a permanent feature for SuperMicro-IV, I didn't know that this can be turned off on a SuperMini, so perhaps you should give it a shot
etysmile.gif

Peter Polo:
This hobby is INSANE
plainface.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #80 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey buddy, DC Boost is a permanent feature for SuperMicro-IV, I didn't know that this can be turned off on a SuperMini, so perhaps you should give it a shot
etysmile.gif

Peter Polo:
This hobby is INSANE
plainface.gif

So, what does DC boost do? I think my DC boost is in low. If I put it in high will I see sparks
eek.gif
blink.gif

What are the dangers of high boost? This DC boost thing I must know more about. I MUST HAVE MORE POWER!![insert Tim Allen grunt]

Apr 25, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #82 of 119
Give me more power, Scotty. I'm given her all she's got captain, if I give her any more . . .

Give it the DC boost, it wouldn't be there if you couldn't use it. Give us a report back, if you can.

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #83 of 119
Those owning SuperMicro-IV SHOULD also get KOSS KSC-75.

Get them burned-in for 50hours, Kramer Modded and Recabled - boom! Cheap eargasm in combination with SMIV! again this is a synergy thing - KSC-75 has some of that ER-4P traits and it fares well with SMIV. My new KSC-75 is easing in to my rig quite comfortably, doing better than my Senn HD600. Poor thing that HD600, even tho SMIV can drive her loud but she be needing a different type of amp (Gilmore Lite or Dynahi perhaps)

Apr 26, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #84 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, what does DC boost do? I think my DC boost is in low. If I put it in high will I see sparks
eek.gif
blink.gif

What are the dangers of high boost? This DC boost thing I must know more about. I MUST HAVE MORE POWER!![insert Tim Allen grunt]

Hi, I have a SuperMini IV and find that I need to use the DC boost for certain opamps. The DC boost increase the voltage to 5.5 from 3.5. Certain opamps (e.g., AD822, ad823, and LM4562) need the additional voltage to perform well. It is easily turned on or off by removing or replacing the jumpers. The disadvantage of using the DC boost is a greater useage of your battery.
icon10.gif

Apr 26, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #85 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by el_monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I have a SuperMini IV and find that I need to use the DC boost for certain opamps. The DC boost increase the voltage to 5.5 from 3.5. Certain opamps (e.g., AD822, ad823, and LM4562) need the additional voltage to perform well. It is easily turned on or off by removing or replacing the jumpers. The disadvantage of using the DC boost is a greater useage of your battery.
icon10.gif

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't tried the DC boost yet.

Apr 27, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #87 of 119
There is/was a 2nd hand XIN Supermicro for sale on this forum, I was willin to pay $300 but I didn't hear from the seller again. . .I hope the wait is not to long untill Xin is gonna send me a new Supermicro . . .

Apr 27, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #88 of 119
You're willing to pay $100 above Xin's price for a supermicro???? I understand it's a very good amp, but still...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Polo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is/was a 2nd hand XIN Supermicro for sale on this forum, I was willin to pay $300 but I didn't hear from the seller again. . .I hope the wait is not to long untill Xin is gonna send me a new Supermicro . . .

Apr 27, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #89 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're willing to pay $100 above Xin's price for a supermicro???? I understand it's a very good amp, but still...

Time is money
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back