Xin SuperMacro IV with 4 channels
May 11, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey
Don't want to indulge in semantics, but it should actually be SuperMini-4 or SuperMini-IV, not SuperMini v4. The reason is because there used to be a SuperMini v6 which is inferior to the SuperMini-3, and if you use SuperMini v4 it might give the impression you're referring to the predecessor of the SuperMini v6.

It was the 'SuperMini-III v3' that was before the v6. You can read why he apparently skipped v4 & v5.

This one is the 'SuperMini-IV' or if you wanted you could add 'v1' on the end.

May 11, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #17 of 35
A noob question here. How does 4 channel separation make the sound quality better?
confused.gif
I'd just recently ordered a maxed PV2^2, wanna know if Xin's products are suddenly a lot better. thx

May 11, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #18 of 35
See v.8 mentioned a couple of times above. It is/was intended to be a dual-mono amp......right now similar can be accomplished using 2 amps at the same time. I'd like to see him produce the v.8 as he has visualized.
Yes, he has me hooked.........I'll be uprading my Supermini (Solidtubed) to the 4 channel topology.
The-One.......use your ordered Portaphile 2^2 maxxed for Desk use and the new Xin for truly portable use. Essentially, that's what I do. Only need more for K340 and such.

May 12, 2006 at 4:16 PM Post #20 of 35
I'm really interested in seeing how this unit sounds. I had the Super Macro v3
and while it sounded good, I eventually ended up selling it.

So.....I guess it didn't sound good enough for me to keep it.

YHMV

May 26, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #24 of 35
I had a SM IV moded from SM3, though it may not include all the vitures of IV, it sounds great to me with improvement in all areas, epsecially the soundstage, but battery life is shorter (around 20-25hrs with 8 850mah AAA's).

May 26, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by goto2003
I had a SM IV moded from SM3, though it may not include all the vitures of IV, it sounds great to me with improvement in all areas, epsecially the soundstage, but battery life is shorter (around 20-25hrs with 8 850mah AAA's).

Do you know what happen of xin and the sm IV?

May 26, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by mika
Do you know what happen of xin and the sm IV?

He seems to be one of the busiest people on earth
biggrin.gif
May be showing up again shortly as he did reply to email.

May 26, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #27 of 35
I really like my SuperMacro3 V6, but I might be tempted to sell that and get the SM4...

I guess at some point there will actually be a way on his website to place an order? I seem to recall there having been one once, but it's gone now...

I like Xin amps, but doing business with him is a bit of an exercise in frustration, versus someone like Jan Meier, who is unbelievably great to do business with.

May 27, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #30 of 35
any suggestions for this configuration? Ipod 5g, Ety4p, Blue Dragon interconnect. Emailed Xin and his folks three times over the past three weeks asking the same question but no response. Don't know which opamps to chose for this configuration. OR just stay with the standard package.

Am deciding between this and the Portaphile unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back