Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
May 26, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #961 of 992
I just bought a HTC 10 smartphone and it came with the HTC Hi-Res headphones, anyone tried them?
My early thoughts are that while they sound better than the average included headphones I still find that the Xiaomi Piston 3.0 sound better but would like to know another person's opinion...

Cheers

Aug 17, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #963 of 992
Just went back to these out of nostalgia. Been using with Spinfits which help them stay in ear better and enhance sound. I forgot how good these little buggers are

Oct 24, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #965 of 992
Anyone know anywhere that i can buy (new or otherwise) the genuine original xiaomi pistons v1, v2, v3 and v4?

yes, i am hoping to get all 4 versions. There are quite a few on ebay but i really want the original genuine versions. Does anyone know any verified genuine sellers on ebay?
What's the Piston V4? I didn't know it existed.
Cheers

Oct 24, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #968 of 992
Anyone know anywhere that i can buy (new or otherwise) the genuine original xiaomi pistons v1, v2, v3 and v4?

yes, i am hoping to get all 4 versions. There are quite a few on ebay but i really want the original genuine versions. Does anyone know any verified genuine sellers on ebay?

V1 is completely discontinued, so I wouldn't suggest trying to look for it.
I got the V2, 3, and 4 (hybrid) from Gearbest, so they might still have some stocks lying around for the V2.

I've no eBay experience to speak of, though, so I can't help you there.

Xiaomi hybrid is very different from Xiaomi Piston 4

Well chronologically, the Hybrid can be considered a Piston 4 since as far as I can tell Xiaomi hasn't yet released a single-dynamic IEM as of late, but yeah, the Hybrid isn't a Piston 4.

Oct 24, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #969 of 992
I got the V2, 3, and 4 (hybrid) from Gearbest, so they might still have some stocks lying around for the V2.

Unfortunately gearbest is sold out of v1, v2 & v3 I am hoping that someone has some in a drawer that they dont use anymore and are happy to have some cash in exchange for them so i have placed a [WTB] advert over in the appropriate thread. I just thought that someone on here might know a source that still has original stock left... seems it's sold out everywhere..

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #970 of 992
Xiaomi hybrid is very different from Xiaomi Piston 4

Yes, i realize that its a very different earphone from the piston v1, 2, 3. I just used that term because it was the successor to the v3 - and even tho it's not officially part of the piston line it is still commonly referred to as the piston v4 in reviews and on Amazon etc

Oct 29, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #972 of 992
I hope that's not genuine :/ Those controls are from the v3 and they're terrible. The hybrid model with the distinct buttons are much better.

Well, sorry to disappoint, but that's exactly how the buttons look on the Xiaomi hybrid model:
DSC02966%2B%25281366x1025%2529.jpg

^ Here's a comparison of the Hybrid (top, silver) and Piston 3 (bottom, bit more of a bluish silver) remote and jack.

Oct 29, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #973 of 992
I hope that's not genuine :/ Those controls are from the v3 and they're terrible. The hybrid model with the distinct buttons are much better.

From what I know of, the buttons for the hybrid on the given link is correct.

The ones with the distinct circular buttons are the Hybrid PRO HD's.

Oct 29, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #975 of 992
Never heard about those, to be honest. From what I've read the hybrids are not such a big upgrade from the Piston 3.
Are those Pro any different?

Cheers

IMO the Hybrid isn't exactly better than the Piston 3, but these Pro HDs definitely are (at least from first impressions at a store). Only problem I have is that my pair has some major channel imbalance so I can't exactly listen to them without losing my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back