Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
Jul 5, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #377 of 992
After one of the most stressful weeks of my life, I come home to find the Piston 3.0 in my mailbox.They were exactly what I needed to wind down. Looking forward to putting some serious listening time on them, as ootb I'm absolutely loving them. Best 8 USD I've ever spent. 

how do they compare with the top KZs?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #378 of 992
how do they compare with the top KZs?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've only listened to a few songs, so I can't say yet. They fit me better than any of the KZs, except maybe the ANV. The ANV and PIston 3.0 are some of the only iems that I can just shove in my ears fuss free. Love em. 

Jul 6, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #382 of 992
How do these compare to UE600? My dumb phone (LG G3) won't tolerate an sensitive/low impedance cans without horrible hissing and distortion and I don't really feel like getting yet another 100e pair of headphones just because.

Also, is the isolation enough for walking around the town or e.g. public transport?

Jul 13, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #384 of 992
Has anyone tried taking the filters off? How do they sound?

EDIT: I just went ahead and took them off... It doesn't really improve the lack of sharpness or precision but I will give it some time.

Jul 13, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #385 of 992
How do these compare to UE600? My dumb phone (LG G3) won't tolerate an sensitive/low impedance cans without horrible hissing and distortion and I don't really feel like getting yet another 100e pair of headphones just because.

Also, is the isolation enough for walking around the town or e.g. public transport?
I find the isolation in piston 3 is terrible compared to piston 2. Personally dont find the isolation in piston 3 enuff for public transport. But piston 2 yes.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #386 of 992
I find the isolation in piston 3 is terrible compared to piston 2. Personally dont find the isolation in piston 3 enuff for public transport. But piston 2 yes.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Try using the 2's ear tips with the 3 if possible.

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #389 of 992
@hessi 
have you found out if the ones with the simplified packaging are legit? i guess they are since the link in the chart on the first page leads to them and the reviews are apparently all 5 stars but i would like to get a confirmation on that.
thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back