Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
Jun 23, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #361 of 992
  Which one is better, piston 2.0 or piston 3.0? My friend recommend me to buy the piston 2, but I prefer to buy the new one. 
biggrin.gif

Just go whichever you want.
Want Slightly better sound quality? Better mic? Less v-shaped? Want more comfort? Go with piston 3.

Prefer Fullmetal design? Want more isolation? More v Shaped? More bass? Prefer control in the middle? Go with piston 2. You may even get better deal since many shops are having clearance sale on piston 2.

Just saying that if you prefer piston 2, you aren't alone. If you prefer piston 3, you aren't alone too. Both are really great imo. But I still prefer piston 2.

Jun 23, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #362 of 992
I've been having an issue where the side of the right earbud produces a noticeable shock to my ear that is recurring and is definitely felt. Taking my phone out of my pocket seems to rectify the issue to an extent but walking with my phone in my pocket and the Piston 3s in-ear has lately been causing the jolt to my ear, which seems like it would be an issue of great concern to any American brand. Are my Piston 3s defective or does anyone else notice the same issue when walking/running with these?

I experienced it! I thought it was just me! I think the shock might be from the bass port... It didn't happen again after but that one time did give me quite a "shock". 

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #365 of 992
Just received Xiaomi Pistons 3 Youth Edition. OOTB with stock tips, these are sounding pretty much awesome for the price I had paid (US$ 8.09 shipped). To my ears, everything seems to be in balance. Clarity, Instrument Separation, and overall sound quality are pretty nice. Comfort, noise isolation, fit too weren't bad. Hope the sound improves further with more usage 
beerchug.gif

(Source used: Wynk music app on One Plus One at 40% Volume )

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #367 of 992
  Which one is better, piston 2.0 or piston 3.0? My friend recommend me to buy the piston 2, but I prefer to buy the new one. 
biggrin.gif

I have both and will get another Piston 2.0 as a backup. Why?

1. The 2.0 fit in my ears and stay there better than any other IEM, period. The 3.0 don't fit well. I had to get Comply T-400 which is a pita to insert each time and isolation still not great.
2. The placement of volume and mic on the 3.0 - unsatisfactory. Too high up so adjusting it can inadvertently dislodge the IEM from my ears. This is a poor design change!
3. I like the sound of the 3.0 more than the 2.0, but not enough to compensate for 1& 2 above.
4. I like the look and the plastic of the 3.0 more than the 2.0.

So many may be happy with the 3.0, I'm disappointed. I have another IEM that stays on the bottom of a drawer unused.

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #368 of 992
Man I ordered a 2.0 after having my 3.0s for a while because everyone says it's a close comparison. I was so surprised, the 2.0s are SUPER bassy. I mean sure, it's fun to have bassy earbuds, but let's be serious -- the 3.0s sound so much more natural!

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #369 of 992
  I like the Piston 3s but I can never get a good seal. What ear tips should I try?

Try the Sony hybrids, they give the Pitson 3.0s a touch a fullness that makes them sound extremely impressive.  Way over their price point.

They're $8 for a set shipping free (in the U.S.) from B&H:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=594779&gclid=CjwKEAjwqqmsBRDGy_3h_eS80jYSJACS95Cv6wmJ_69kg3TuDOtdXwfos_ifVeT54JBrWJHZcK4TURoCn43w_wcB&Q=&m=Y&is=REG&A=details 

Jun 25, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #370 of 992
Man I ordered a 2.0 after having my 3.0s for a while because everyone says it's a close comparison. I was so surprised, the 2.0s are SUPER bassy. I mean sure, it's fun to have bassy earbuds, but let's be serious -- the 3.0s sound so much more natural!

I wish the 3.0 had the same fit as 2.0. 
3.0 overall has more pleasing sound but also the downsides i mentioned.

Jun 25, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #373 of 992
  Experienced same situation. 3.0 doesnt fit. 2.0 fits instead.

same here, until i flipped them (3.0)  to wear over-ear.  fit great and are decently comfortable.  these are my 'on the go' earphones that i usually only wear for 20-30 mins at a time so long term comfort isn't really a factor for these.

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #374 of 992
  same here, until i flipped them (3.0)  to wear over-ear.  fit great and are decently comfortable.  these are my 'on the go' earphones that i usually only wear for 20-30 mins at a time so long term comfort isn't really a factor for these.

I thought they fit really awkward over-ear. It's hard for me to get a good seal as well.

Jul 4, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #375 of 992
Anyone know if the "simplified package" of Xiaomi Piston at TinyDeal is the real deal? Can be found for $15 sometimes.

I know TinyDeal sells legit Xiaomi Pistons, just unsure about the "simplified package"

http://m.tinydeal.com/en/product/Simplified-Package-Xiaomi-Piston-3rd-Edition-Earphone-Mic-p-152006

Users who are viewing this thread

Back