Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
Jul 31, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #439 of 992
Does burn in reduce the intensity and sensitivity of the bass? Or does it smooth the bass out to not sound harsh and dull.

It seems to increase the intensity of the bass. It's considerably more punchy in the sub-bass now but the mid-bass is still more emphasized. Sometimes I think the bass is just a little bit too bloated and fatiguing at higher volumes.

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #440 of 992
This sucks. I received my Xiaomi Pistons V3 Youth and they sound great but I think they're fake. The QR code leads my phone to an app on the Google Play store. I guess I have to arrange a refund

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #441 of 992
  This sucks. I received my Xiaomi Pistons V3 Youth and they sound great but I think they're fake. The QR code leads my phone to an app on the Google Play store. I guess I have to arrange a refund

the qr code on the box or the cable?  my understanding is the box qr should take you to an app and the cable qr to this : https://i.imgur.com/2XXofV8.png
invalid qr on the cable should show this : https://i.imgur.com/0044Cbt.png

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #442 of 992
  the qr code on the box or the cable?  my understanding is the box qr should take you to an app and the cable qr to this : https://i.imgur.com/2XXofV8.png
invalid qr on the box should show this : https://i.imgur.com/0044Cbt.png

Yes that is what I recall as well. You may need to download different QR apps as some can't resolve the small size.

You need to use the QR code on the cable to validate it, so I wouldn't give up just yet!

Aug 3, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #444 of 992

Please anyone I'd like to know this too.

I have both. Piston 3 for last month or so and ES18 for last 3 years.

Piston 3 to me sounds more clear, detailed, technically superior to ES18 in terms of SQ.

ES18 has got boomy bass which more often than not eats up mids, and it's highs are highly rolled off.

One area ES18 has advantage over Piston 3 is its fit. With its slightly unusual design Piston 3 can be problematic for some users in getting proper fit.

Aug 3, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #446 of 992
  Thank you so much for the kind answer :) I ordered one and I hope I like it better than the Es 18 because although I liked it , I certainly wasn't impressed by it :/

My pleasure, mate! Hope Piston 3 suits your taste 
beerchug.gif

Aug 3, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #447 of 992
  I have both. Piston 3 for last month or so and ES18 for last 3 years.

Piston 3 to me sounds more clear, detailed, technically superior to ES18 in terms of SQ.

ES18 has got boomy bass which more often than not eats up mids, and it's highs are highly rolled off.

One area ES18 has advantage over Piston 3 is its fit. With its slightly unusual design Piston 3 can be problematic for some users in getting proper fit.

Thank you so much for the explanation, dear friend :wink:

Aug 5, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #449 of 992
Does anyone know if the foam mod from the 2.0 will work on these? Has anyone even tried to rip these puppies open yet? :curious:

I took off the filters a few weeks ago but the upper mids became too peaked, will be stuffing some foam in to see if it helps.

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #450 of 992
Ordered a set on Amazon and then saw a deal for them on Tinydeals.  Waited a while for both, but the Amazon pair came in first.  I didn't know what to look for, but they sounded HORRIBLE!  Figured they were fake, so contacted the seller and they just refunded me my full amount.  If they easily refund you, it's def a fake.  Then I got my 'simple packaged' one from TinyDeals (no case/box).  It just came in a bag and thought, oh no...not another fake.  Then I realized it was a 'simple' package item.

Anyway, other than the case not having the size S,M,L, it's very easy to tell other than the sound, if you have a fake.  The fake has all plastic and has no shine on the earbud.  The metal mic and metal at the Y connector is very shiny and the grooves are not as fine.  It's shorter by about 5 inches.  Also, the 'Mi' label is a washed out dirty white, rather than a tan-ish/grey.  The TinyDeals one is def legit and they sound great.  I don't have anything to compare to, but I have jlab j5s as my beaters and it's more clear.  The jlab j5s try too hard with too much bass.  

I like the fit, but the cushions don't hold.  Worth the $15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back