Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Dec 20, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #256 of 888
  Whoa, not a lot of love for the original hybrids here. I'd never switch them to an IEM that's constantly being described as "shrill", "harsh" and "shrieky" in the highs.. 
eek.gif

My thoughts exactly mate.

Plus the new ones are significantly harder to drive, as someone mentioned using a Z3c. Which btw drives the original hybrids very easily.

Dec 21, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #260 of 888
  I always thought that it is necessary to burn at maximum volume 
biggrin.gif

In general, BAs don't need to be burned in (Shure did experiments and found no actual difference).  IEMs with DDs and larger headphones may benefit from burn in, but these do not need to be at max volumes.  Indeed HiFiman manuals specifically state burn-in doesn't need to be at high volumes.

You are not trying to "loosen" the diaphragm, merely to get the moving parts "worn down" until they are at a steady state.  So normal listening volumes are fine, unless of course you listen at maximum volume 
eek.gif

Normal listening acts as burn in already, but if you want to get there more quickly then running pink/grey noise over a day to a few days will get you there.

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #261 of 888
  In general, BAs don't need to be burned in (Shure did experiments and found no actual difference).  IEMs with DDs and larger headphones may benefit from burn in, but these do not need to be at max volumes.  Indeed HiFiman manuals specifically state burn-in doesn't need to be at high volumes.

You are not trying to "loosen" the diaphragm, merely to get the moving parts "worn down" until they are at a steady state.  So normal listening volumes are fine, unless of course you listen at maximum volume 
eek.gif

Normal listening acts as burn in already, but if you want to get there more quickly then running pink/grey noise over a day to a few days will get you there.

Its extrange, as you mention, the BAs doesent have any changes after burn in, at least all my shure collection (se425, se535) did not. but in this case the hd pro did,

2 hrs didnt do anything of normal playback while going home when new, I use the gray noise at the max vol i could bare, and for 1 night (12hrs maybe) at least,

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #262 of 888
  I strongly suggest to burn them in and you will need nothing but a good silicon tips to solve the harsh thing
also yo could try blocking the smal vent on the black of the iem to add a little more oohm to the bass, that is just for fun

Ok, will see. I almost believe my ears are somehow more sensitive compared to others relating to hearing harshness (e.g. I had the issue with the MM SW3 whereas no others claimed that). But besides I currently like what I hear with the Pro HD also with foams. Currently my favourite (Budget) IEM is the Tennmak Pro (had to emphasize mids and highs there to solve that lack and nevertheless there is still a very deep bass fundament). I wonder how the Pros can compete after burn in to the Tennmak although I think they will neither reach their sub bass extension nor the wide soundstage in the end. But I like the Overall clearity on the Pros so far.

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #263 of 888
  Its extrange, as you mention, the BAs doesent have any changes after burn in, at least all my shure collection (se425, se535) did not. but in this case the hd pro did,

2 hrs didnt do anything of normal playback while going home when new, I use the gray noise at the max vol i could bare, and for 1 night (12hrs maybe) at least,

The moving part in BAs are super tiny and will not have any impact from burn-in.

Pro HD (aka gen 5s) uses a small + large DD setup with a BA to "fill in the gaps".  The main sound driver is thus still the DDs, which may benefit from burn in, and in my case the treble did calm down a bit over time.  

Running things at max volume may in fact go overboard with the "wear down".  I rather be a bit patient and let it run at normal volumes for longer.  

Dec 21, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #264 of 888

The moving part in BAs are super tiny and will not have any impact from burn-in.

Pro HD (aka gen 5s) uses a small + large DD setup with a BA to "fill in the gaps".  The main sound driver is thus still the DDs, which may benefit from burn in, and in my case the treble did calm down a bit over time.  

Running things at max volume may in fact go overboard with the "wear down".  I rather be a bit patient and let it run at normal volumes for longer.  

Where do you see that the HD Pro uses different size of de dual DD?

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #266 of 888

I mentioned this earlier in this thread. The HD Pro aka gen 5s uses a small + large graphene coated dynamic drivers setup, with a BA used to to fill in the gaps between the 2.  These are all listed on the mi.com website for these IEMs. 

=O quite right!, good to know this specs, now i like them more =)
Is there too much to ask a 6 gen with the same drivers but with mmcx detachable connector?

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #267 of 888
Nah, I doubt it.  Nobody will buy replacement cables that are 50% of the price of a new set of earbuds haha and it's not in xiaomi/1more's interest to do so, they want to sell more and these are cheap enough not to warrant replacement cables.  Still, most of my pistons have broken at the 3.5mm plug spot, either the left or right earbud wires would break after a while due to relatively limited strain relief.

Gen 6 hopefully will be 1 DD and multiple BAs, which seems to be showing better results than multiple DDs e.g. 1more triple driver is 1DD + 2BA.
I'm eagerly waiting for the KZ ZSRs which rumor has it will be 1DD + 4BAs 
eek.gif

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #270 of 888
Close the inner-facing vent (the one on the black plastic part) and there you have the massive, thundering bass that will also be present if your ear anatomy is so that your ears naturally close that vent hole. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back