Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Dec 13, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #211 of 888
Yeah I think they're mistaken. I'm from Vietnam and I ordered the gen 4 from GearBest so I just want to take a quick look. I'm not sure if that Mi Center is really a genuine one, I have to check again. Btw, really appreciate for such a quick and detailed reply @ricemanhk!  

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #212 of 888
  Yes they do, audio works, mic works, middle button works for answering calls, play/pause etc.  But the volume buttons only work on android.

Just curious...although I'm not 100% sure I think the volume buttons on my Gen 5 does not work on my HTC One M8 phone when I use Spotify. Not sure if it does work with the native music app. IIRC, the middle button on the Gen 5 play/pauses the current track on Spotify, the volume up and down buttons if pressed once will also strangely pauses/play the current track. If they're pressed twice in rapid succession however, they skip to the next/previous track. All these on Spotify app.

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #213 of 888

Just curious...although I'm not 100% sure I think the volume buttons on my Gen 5 does not work on my HTC One M8 phone when I use Spotify. Not sure if it does work with the native music app. IIRC, the middle button on the Gen 5 play/pauses the current track on Spotify, the volume up and down buttons if pressed once will also strangely pauses/play the current track. If they're pressed twice in rapid succession however, they skip to the next/previous track. All these on Spotify app.

Try it on the native music app or google play music.  I know some android phones (especially the heavily skinned ones over stock android like samsung/HTC) recognize the volume buttons as skip track instead, but then in those cases it's pressing once only to next/previous track.

MIUI (xiaomi phone android OS) actually has a function built in to check which earbuds you are using and then you can set it to change volume or do next/previous track as you prefer.  If you are using other phone brands, I know there are some apps that can also replicate this, but it may require root.

Xiaomi gen 1 through gen 5 volume buttons work as it should on both nexus and oneplus devices.

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #214 of 888
  Thanks. I got 1 foam pair. And yeah I just realized the links didn't work. But I'm pretty much just looking for a triple flange that fits.

I found these, but idk if they will fit since the diameters are 3.8mm and 4mm, respectively 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6pcs-S-M-L-3-8mm-Triple-Flange-Noise-Isolation-Earphone-Replacements-earbud-Tips-/122003177674?hash=item1c67f4c0ca:g:NlAAAOSwnNBXTwIE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6pcs-S-M-L-Triple-Flange-Noise-Isolation-Replacements-Earbud-Tips-/331560619482?var=&hash=item4d328d8dda:m:mRsS3aLMXiTOtGuBi__w3MQ

Edit: found another one with a 5mm. If anyone wants to jump in with advice, feel free to. I don't want to wait 3 weeks just for them not to fit :/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/In-Ear-Earplug-Black-Silicone-Triple-Flange-Earbud-Ear-Buds-Eartips-10-Pcs-/311323702089

I haven't had any experience buying eartips (and any other audio stuff really) from ebay. I buy my stuff all from AliExpress and Gearbest. You should try them, the links to the Aliexpress foam tips are in my previous post. Shipping might be slower but for the most part you can get real good value for money stuff provided you're reasonable cautious and have done due diligence prior.

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #215 of 888

Try it on the native music app or google play music.  I know some android phones (especially the heavily skinned ones over stock android like samsung/HTC) recognize the volume buttons as skip track instead, but then in those cases it's pressing once only to next/previous track.

MIUI (xiaomi phone android OS) actually has a function built in to check which earbuds you are using and then you can set it to change volume or do next/previous track as you prefer.  If you are using other phone brands, I know there are some apps that can also replicate this, but it may require root.

Xiaomi gen 1 through gen 5 volume buttons work as it should on both nexus and oneplus devices.

Ok will try them out again when I get home. The Gen 5 aren't with me now.

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #217 of 888

My 1More Triple Driver does that. Volume buttons are working on both platforms.

Wow finally someone solved the problem! I wonder how they do it since it's a hardware level difference.  Perhaps there's an additional chip inside the inline control that detects the phone you have plugged it into, or (more likely) it sends both types of signals for the volume buttons for each button press.

Dec 13, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #218 of 888
If anyone wants to understand a bit more about ios vs android/nokia inline controls, taken from another site:

For earbuds with in-line control there are 2 types- 
The original TRRS configuration was created by Nokia and has a pinout of Left Audio, Right Audio, Mic, Ground.
Apple came along and in typical elitist fashion changed their pinout to Left Audio, Right Audio, Ground, Mic.

This is why many apple headsets will not work with android, because the last 2 connections, for Mic and Ground are switched. The issue is with the hardware. 

The way that songs are skipped (forwards, backwards, and pause) occurs by sending signals down the ground channel(when you tap the button it shoots an electrical signal that the phone will pick up and interpret). 
The way that volume is increased/decreased occurs by sending signals down the Mic channel. 
This is why- if you try a set of newer iPhone earbuds on the GSIII- as I have- the center button does nothing, but yet the volume up and volume down both pause tracks, and allow you to skip them!!

Additionally, Apple has patents on their TRRS connection- in fact on the resistances (the actual ohm resistance in-line on the controls- not to get scientific or anything) so that the headphones are designed to work only with Apple products. In other words- you could have a device with the same TRRS Pinout as apple products- but the headset wont work because the resistances (ohms) of the headphones send signals that your phone is not allowed to interpret into the correct actions (since apple patented these)

So for the 1more triple driver, I suspect there's an additional chip inside the inline control to swap the signals based on what phone you have it plugged into. 

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #219 of 888
I gotta say, JVC spiral dots fix nearly all of the problems I had with these IEMs.  It's so easy to get them deep in my ears and feeling secure with these tips.  

Has anyone else tested these with spiral dots?  

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #220 of 888
I gotta say, JVC spiral dots fix nearly all of the problems I had with these IEMs.  It's so easy to get them deep in my ears and feeling secure with these tips.  

Has anyone else tested these with spiral dots?  

I only use (knockoff) sony hybrids, and have yet to order a pair of these.. How do they compare to the spiral dots? What other tips have you tried?

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #221 of 888
I only use (knockoff) sony hybrids, and have yet to order a pair of these.. How do they compare to the spiral dots? What other tips have you tried?

I have a ton of tips.  I've tired the RHA tips, Sony hybrids, Sony foam filled hybrids, Spinfits, Meeaudio silicons, comply tips.  

Spiral dots for me work the best because they're the shortest but still seal off properly.  They're slightly shorter than the Sony hybrids with a wider opening.  

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #224 of 888
  Where did you order the starlines from?

I got them from KZ taobao store directly, but I know aliexpress has them. Someone posted a link to them earlier in this thread...it's actually what introduced me to KZ and then ultimately ordering the ZS3 and ZST which hopefully should be arriving today 
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #225 of 888
  I got them from KZ taobao store directly, but I know aliexpress has them. Someone posted a link to them earlier in this thread...it's actually what introduced me to KZ and then ultimately ordering the ZS3 and ZST which hopefully should be arriving today 
biggrin.gif

Thanks, I think I'll pick some up from Ali since they're so damn cheap.  

I've only tried the KZ Zs3 but they're pretty bassy and fun for the price.  Let me know what you end up thinking of them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back