Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Dec 24, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #301 of 888
just ordered mine, and want to order some foam tips too. 
i'm not gonna pay like 20 bucks for comply tips.. am interested in some cheap once though. 
but apparently one can buy the in all sorts of different sizes (outside... duh, but also inside) 
can some one measure (precise) the diameter of the pins the tips should be mounted on?  

would be very much appreciated.

Matt

Dec 24, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #302 of 888
  just ordered mine, and want to order some foam tips too. 
i'm not gonna pay like 20 bucks for comply tips.. am interested in some cheap once though. 
but apparently one can buy the in all sorts of different sizes (outside... duh, but also inside) 
can some one measure (precise) the diameter of the pins the tips should be mounted on?  

would be very much appreciated.

Matt

Order the T200 size, duno remember the diameter but its the one i use on the xiaomi

Dec 24, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #303 of 888
I am looking for significantly bassy as kz-zs1 and well-extended to higher ones like Chinese IE800.
Xiaomi hybrid pro HD is good one?

Dec 24, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #305 of 888
At least from my perspective, the Hybrid driver Gen 4 had more bass than any IEM I've tried. It was more quantity than quality, but nothing to complain about. The mids were a little recessed and the highs were also fine. Overall a great IEM for value. See the review here: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/xiaomi-hybrid-earphones-mi-in-ear-headphones-pro-xiaomi-piston-4-review/.

The Gen 5 has a much more toned down bass response. It's slightly less than my RHA MA-750i which is mostly balanced and very slightly v-shaped. The mids are less recessed than the Gen 4, and there's a noticeable improvement in sound stage. The highs are clearer and more extended. Overall it's a better headphone for my liking, but I'd like ever so slightly more bass. I use some cheap foam tips you can find anywhere, which are more durable than the "premium" foam tips but the seal isn't quite as good. http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-memory-foam-tips-noise-cancellation-in-ear-earbud-replacement-medium-New-/191963945472?var=&hash=item2cb1f15a00. I've noticed the isolation is a little worse for me using the same tips in Gen 5 as Gen 4, so I'll try some premium tips I have instead.

Dec 26, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #307 of 888
Hello.
So far i've bought 2 pairs of the last gen Hybrids.
As soon as I lost the first one I went for the same ones again since I loved them so much. I just ordered the new Gen 5 Hybrids and wanted to ask if I made the right decision.
I mostly listen to pop or similar to pop music. I usually always use an Equalizer with my Gen 4 and increase the bass. Cant really tell amazing differences in sound quality between products as my knowledge in that field is really bad. 

All I want to know is if these are gonna sound better specifically for pop music than my Gen 4's :D
Thank you for your time. I read almost all 21 pages of discussions and find very confusing mixed reviews.

All I know is I listen to pop primarily and cant say no to some bass (as I specifically equalize to increase it)

Dec 26, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #308 of 888
I like to hear all aspects of music so I guess the "clarity" you all talk about would be better. I can always use my EQ to increase the bass just like Ive done so far with the superior "clarity" of the Gen 5s right?

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #309 of 888
I have both the 1MORE Triple Driver (E1001) and the Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (QTEJ02JY). I've completed the burn-in for both of them using the official 1MORE burn-in app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onemore.app.smartheadset.android
http://china.1more.com/download/index.html

Impressions:
1MORE Triple Driver (E1001)
Has slightly better bass than the QTEJ02JY. Sounds consistent in low volumes. Has bigger nozzles than the QTEJ02JY, easier to get a good fit if you have medium to large ear holes. The chords generate lots of microphonics if you do not clip them down using the included shirt clip. The weaved portion of the chord frays out after frequent use.

Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (QTEJ02JY)
Has a much better sound stage than the E1001. Depending on how sensitive your ears are, may sound sibilant on low volumes. Sounds crisper than the E1001. The small nozzles are a good fit for my ears. I have small ear holes that get uncomfortable with IEMs that have large nozzles (like the E1001). The chord straightens out after frequent use, hardly any microphonics.

I am currently leaning towards the QTEJ02JY as a better choice. The initial harshness, that you get when trying them out fresh out of the box, goes away with sufficient burn-in. The 1MORE burn-in app above is highly recommended as it does it for you automatically using tried and tested methods by 1MORE. I use small triple flange ear-tips exclusively to get the best seal. I have used the same type of tips for the above impressions on both IEMs.
I have used the following songs (FLAC) for my impressions with a Sony NWZ-A17:
Burning House - Cam
Meanwhile Back at Mama's - Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
I Wanna Be With You - Mandy Moore
I Love Your Smile - Shanice
See You Again - Wiz Khalifa
Maria Maria - Santana & The Product
Chandelier - Sia
Return Innocence - Enigma (Remix Collection)
Fall - TRON Legacy Reconfigured
The Son of Flynn - TRON Legacy Reconfigured
Diesel Power - The Prodigy
Medicine - The Prodigy
Lost In You - 3 Days Grace
Blow - Theory of a Deadman
The Devil Beneath My Feet - Marilyn Manson
Communication - The Cardigans
I'm Feeling You - Santana & Michelle Branch
The Game of Love - Santana & Michelle Branch

The QTEJ02JY is also available for sale directly from Xiaomi USA for $39.99.
Details and specs available from their US site:
http://www.mi.com/en/headphonesprohd

Dec 26, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #310 of 888
  I like to hear all aspects of music so I guess the "clarity" you all talk about would be better. I can always use my EQ to increase the bass just like Ive done so far with the superior "clarity" of the Gen 5s right?

If you are adding bass to the gen 4s, then definitely the gen 5s won't have enough bass for you.  That said, the clarity is much better in the gen 5s.
I suggest you try the gen 5, and do the front port mod if it's not enough bass for you, and add EQ further if that's STILL not enough.  Try other tips or even comply tips if the seal isn't good with the stock ones.

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #312 of 888
Hi forum, first time poster here! 
I've been using Piston 2.0s, 3.0s and the original Hybrids for the last 2 years, and the only comfortable fit I had was with the 2.0s and the supplied tri-flenged tips (it truly was a perfect fit). I ordered my new HDs today and wanted to order some tri-flenged tips, but didn't know what size/manufacturer to look into. Any tip (pun not intended) is welcome.

Gregor

Dec 27, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #314 of 888
Hi forum, first time poster here! 
I've been using Piston 2.0s, 3.0s and the original Hybrids for the last 2 years, and the only comfortable fit I had was with the 2.0s and the supplied tri-flenged tips (it truly was a perfect fit). I ordered my new HDs today and wanted to order some tri-flenged tips, but didn't know what size/manufacturer to look into. Any tip (pun not intended) is welcome.

Gregor

The RHA and Mee Audio tips work on these hybrids. They have dual and triple flange available for the Mee audio and dual only for the RHAs.

Dec 27, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #315 of 888
I just tried through a few more silicone ones and settled on the double flange from the M6 Pro and it seals better than my foam buds! The sound definitely improves, the bass especially is right where I want it, without the port mod which didn't make a noticeably difference for me. Seal is everything, and it makes it hard with the shallow nozzle, so I had to push the bud all the way down the nozzle. Everything has definitely improved compared to the previous gen however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back