XI Audio Eleven Formula S.....outstanding
Jan 8, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #16 of 26
Of course there is always some loss of transparency that cannot be avoided but it is minimal and the improvements more than make up for it

Sep 21, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #17 of 26
The Broadway upon initial listening is impressive: line-out from my SP1000 to my i4s. Sound is full bodied. Want to compare it to my V281 next using my Abyss headphones. So far, this amp is a definite 'go.' Maybe it will replace my V281s...

Not sure if I like the 11:00 volume starting placement though.
How was background noise with the i4s? I have the i3s and would be interested to evaluate how the Broadway would work with IEMs.

Sep 21, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #18 of 26
How was background noise with the i4s? I have the i3s and would be interested to evaluate how the Broadway would work with IEMs.
I didn't notice any background noise with the i4s and this was with both low and high gain.

Sep 21, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #20 of 26

I tried 64 Audio U12T with my Formula S Powerman. Sounds great but there is some hiss, which is covered up when volume is turned up to normal listening level.

Sep 21, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #21 of 26
I tried 64 Audio U12T with my Formula S Powerman. Sounds great but there is some hiss, which is covered up when volume is turned up to normal listening level.
LOL...I never tried an IEM when I had the Formula S/Powerman. Did you set it at Low Gain? I don't think the Formula S was designed for IEMs. Definitely for the i4s though as I don't consider them to be an IEM and they sound like over the ears anyway.

Sep 22, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #23 of 26
@cj3209, how does the WA11 compare against the Broadway? I noticed that you have both amps in your signature? I just picked up a WA11 and was curious.
I've never really directly compared them as they have different purposes for me: portable vs. desktop/trans portable. The only thing I can say from memory is that the Broadway has a blacker background and seems to power the Diana PHI better than the WA11.

Jul 28, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #25 of 26
LOL...I never tried an IEM when I had the Formula S/Powerman. Did you set it at Low Gain? I don't think the Formula S was designed for IEMs. Definitely for the i4s though as I don't consider them to be an IEM and they sound like over the ears anyway.
Yes def low gain

Aug 2, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #26 of 26
Well, I thought the Broadway was good, the Formula S w/Powerman is insane; took it to another level.

After a brief comparison with Broadway and Formula S using both i4 and 1266 phi cc, the Formula S sounds like a live concert; vocals are full-bodied, fleshy, and palpable. I'm using hi-gain.

I think it would cost a lot more money to improve. I stayed up last night till late listening to roon via hi-res files...wow.
does the gsx mini enough juice to drive ab1266? i attemp to get one too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back