XFI prelude VS XFI Fatal1ty FPS
Jul 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 5
The X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS is basically the exact same card as the XtremeMusic and Platinum, except with 64 MB X-RAM rather than just the 2 MB on the other two cards and the 5.25" front-panel bay also bundled with the Platinum. They're not known for especially high sound quality these days, but should be decent.

The X-Fi Prelude is built for high-end sound quality from the get-go, so it should sound better, but it does still use Creative drivers (despite my hopes back when it was just announced). The latest ones are quite usable, thankfully, and if the Auzentech-provided drivers don't do it, there's the Daniel_K X-Fi Support Pack.

Jul 21, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 5
The X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS is basically the exact same card as the XtremeMusic and Platinum, except with 64 MB X-RAM rather than just the 2 MB on the other two cards and the 5.25" front-panel bay also bundled with the Platinum. They're not known for especially high sound quality these days, but should be decent.

The X-Fi Prelude is built for high-end sound quality from the get-go, so it should sound better, but it does still use Creative drivers (despite my hopes back when it was just announced). The latest ones are quite usable, thankfully, and if the Auzentech-provided drivers don't do it, there's the Daniel_K X-Fi Support Pack.

thanks very much...

so then... if I use the drivers beta of creative for win 8 (auzen dont publish nothing) on a prelude, should be work TEORIHCALY. i am right?

Jul 21, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
thanks very much...

so then... if I use the drivers beta of creative for win 8 (auzen dont publish nothing) on a prelude, should be work TEORIHCALY. i am right?

I don't think Creative's driver releases will just work on the Prelude, no. The hardware ID wouldn't be present in the driver .INF files.

That's why you want to go for one of the unofficial Daniel_K packs. Those generally support the Prelude along with Creative's own cards.

Jul 22, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

I don't think Creative's driver releases will just work on the Prelude, no. The hardware ID wouldn't be present in the driver .INF files.

That's why you want to go for one of the unofficial Daniel_K packs. Those generally support the Prelude along with Creative's own cards.

ok fine, Thanks again! /Y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back