XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Dec 9, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #677 of 914
It depends if you are not high sensitive..
I discovered I am, after the Mangrid tea..as it even hurt my ears after 5-10 mins of use in addition to its uncomfortable fit (i've tried even the foam tips included and even the final e tips I have). So currently I am waiting to the nov/dec expected discounts to penon's iem that apparently are more of my taste.
Know this ^
If you are, suggesting you to read about the isn/penon iem. They both have threads here and reviewed/will soon be reviewed by dsnuts.
They have two new very good iem in the price range of the Mangrid. I bought the H50 for more bass emphasis.
It is much better then the Mangrid in all areas.
Penon - Serial . Isn - H50

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #678 of 914
Mangird, not Mangrid.

Dec 9, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #680 of 914
Initial impressions of the UP is warm, detailed sound with no listening fatigue. I expected it to have a lot of bass, but here I was slightly disappointed. But I have learned that when reviewers and normal people say something has good bass, it is still way too little for me.
I agree, it's definitely not as bassy as I would have thought given the way people talk about it. I honestly think reviewers are too stuck on what they see in the frequency graphs and review that, not the actual sound.

I would say the Ups have the right amount of bass for a general purpose IEM that works equally well for classical, rock, jazz and pop music, but I've been considering getting a bassier IEM for bass-heavy music like rap. Opera and classical are my two biggest genres, and to me, the Ups sound very lifelike with just a bit of a bass boost, like I'm actually sitting in very good seats in the opera house/symphony hall, but perhaps sitting on the right side of the hall so I get a little more of the double basses and cellos and low winds than if I were sitting on the left side of the hall.

Dec 9, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #681 of 914
Mixed thoughts about the XENNS UP here, and some of that is because there was improper sealing of the DD in a review sample, but that did allow me to take this photo with the two sets together:

Buds 1.jpg

Otherwise it's pretty good tuning most of the way, but I think compared to a few other tribrids the treble tuning needs more work.

Frequency response.png

Dec 11, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #683 of 914
Mixed thoughts about the XENNS UP here, and some of that is because there was improper sealing of the DD in a review sample, but that did allow me to take this photo with the two sets together:

Buds 1.jpg

Otherwise it's pretty good tuning most of the way, but I think compared to a few other tribrids the treble tuning needs more work.

Frequency response.png
What's the main problem with the treble? Is it overly dark for a EST treble, or uneven and unrefined?

Jan 30, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #688 of 914
Jan 30, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #689 of 914
But will they be better than the first Teas? Looking forward to the reviews...
I have the Teas but hesitating to pull the trigger here...
thing is... that since I got Yanyin Aladdin from PENON (a much enhanced, similarly tuned and better in every aspect "mangrid tea") cannot go back to the Teas..
Yanyin Aladdin compared to the Teas is the absolute epitome of natural sound.
much more sub bass focused and vocals to die for.... it simply replaced my Teas from the first audition.... I urge everyone here to give them a try.....

Jan 30, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #690 of 914
I have the Teas but hesitating to pull the trigger here...
thing is... that since I got Yanyin Aladdin from PENON (a much enhanced, similarly tuned and better in every aspect "mangrid tea") cannot go back to the Teas..
Yanyin Aladdin compared to the Teas is the absolute epitome of natural sound.
much more sub bass focused and vocals to die for.... it simply replaced my Teas from the first audition.... I urge everyone here to give them a try.....
https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/the-...and-experiences-sharing-discussion/30319/1637

Guess we all hear differently... But I can't agree with your statements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back