Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Mar 19, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #723 of 957
I guess xsr are kinda more expensive just because of a "fency" kable.

I received my TD4 today, and I am satisfied, better than my panasonic 355 and also better base than soundmagic pl50, while crarity is also good with TD4. Thomas personaly said in one occasion that TD4's are the best, he is an electro/techno fan i guess. Maybe xe200pro are better for some genres.

Mar 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #724 of 957
What is the cord like? Since it is not clothed, I am scared of quick breaks in the cord like usually happens with my headphones...

Also, ljokerl gave the xe200pro a higher sound score (7.9 vs 7.6) than the TD3 (which is basically the same as the TD4). Any thoughts?

Mar 20, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #725 of 957
i ordered the xe200pro sometime last week. I suppose they will take some time to get here. I also ordered due to the higher score by joker's reviews. Btw reports here say that the XSR330PRO is rubbish, so stick with either the td4 or the xe200pro - apparently its due to taste between the two.

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #726 of 957
I just placed an order for the XE200pro, TDII, TD4,and TM5 (hell why not?).  I am going to write up a short comparison between these.  Hopefully this will help clear up some of the confusion.  

Mar 21, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #728 of 957
How does the build quality compare?
The cords, especially.

Is it true that the lows of the TD4 are better, but the mid and highs of the XE 200 PRO?

Most importantly: which do you prefer, and why?

Those are specific questions, but a small general comparison between the two would be much appreciated as well!

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #729 of 957
Out of the box I like the XE200 PRO better, despite the fact that I'm a basshead.

Should give them some burn in before I really comment though.

As for the cable they are pretty similar if not identical.

Mar 24, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #731 of 957
In my experience Thomas ships out your order pretty fast. I got mine within a few days from ordering, but then again I do live in a neighbouring country.

I haven't had any issues with sound leakage. My girlfriend has not complained and she's usually not shy about doing so.

Mar 24, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #732 of 957
i have td4, and it isnt basshead iem- sounds musical like soundmagic e10, only better clarity.
cable terrible, due to thick material, it even doesnt have chin slider, which would dramaticaly improve usability.
i use it with soundmagic cable guide, without them, td4 is useless.
and i havent noticed driver flex, and i tried it with soundmagic foam tips- terrible result, thin sound.

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #733 of 957
I haven't seen anyone here to compare any Xears to Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition. I believe this can be useful for someone.
Since the price tags are not really far from each other (~50$ shipped for xears with coupon and 83$ shipped for sunrise) I think it's reasonable to consider sunrise as an alternative to xe200pro (in my case)..
so I got them both about a month ago and since then I've been enjoying both of them but they are completely different. Sunrise IEMs have better clarity, are almost sibilance-free and are overall superb with it's great balance and warm sound.
but!! unfortunately Xcape IE have no bass for me at all and as a basshead I prefer xe200pro for most genres, I just cannot live without bass. xe200pro are not bass monsters but will satisfy anyone who wishes to feel good and controlled low end with still good details and resolution.
Sunrise are fantastic for classic/jazz/instrumental/vocals though. They come with nice mini case and could be considered as a gift while Xears can forget about that with its poor plastic pack.
xe200pro are also quite big and won't fit everyone with comfort. For example they are too thick for my girlfriend's ear canals (she has really narrow ones though).
anyway for ~50$ xe200pro are great IEMs with open lovely sound.
P.S. I don't have any build quality issues with xe200pro noticed so many times in this thread. Driver flex is imperceptible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back