Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Oct 28, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #391 of 957
So, Xears new top of the range (best model, or whatever) right now is supposed to be the "Ultraphile Highend"?

I don't know if it's a good option to buy 3 or 4 Xears models in the next couple of months, or to go straight to something really better, in another price range (in ythe end, with the same amount of money). What's the point in having 4 ou 5 "cheap" models which all sound alike, instead of having something really good, even if it's just one? Don't get me wrong, I love my TDIII, which I consider very good for the price, but I have a feeling that all top Xears models will sound very very similar, so we'll keep spending money to stay at the same level of SQ each time we buy another one... 
What do you guys think about this? 
popcorn.gif

Oct 28, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #392 of 957
Well, you already have the TD-III. You can upgrade to the XE200PRO. It's similar in sound signature, but with improvements over the N3i and TD-III (which you can read in Joker's review) Other than that, you should read the impressions about the XSR, Ultraphile, A330 in this thread and decides whether you like the sound signature or not of these newer models.

Oct 28, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #393 of 957
Just in case anyone's interested, in the end I settled on the translucent tips that come with the A330's and the following EQ settings on the J3:

80 Hz : 6
300 Hz : 5
1.4 kHz : 1
2.4 kHz : 3
13 kHz : 5
BBE: 6
Mach3Bass: 4
3DS : 2, MPE on, Stereo Enhance off

So pretty much a classic V curve. They actually take well to dubstep and hip-hop, they give both a warmer feel while delivering some pretty powerful bass. But I couldn't find any single EQ setting that worked well all around, and even with custom settings for different genres they just didn't deliver what the TD-III did in terms of clarity and depth. I wish I could describe the signature better, but I'm no Joker :frowning2: I'd be really interested to see how he feels about the A330's or XSR's though.

Oct 28, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #394 of 957

Quote:
So, Xears new top of the range (best model, or whatever) right now is supposed to be the "Ultraphile Highend"?

I don't know if it's a good option to buy 3 or 4 Xears models in the next couple of months, or to go straight to something really better, in another price range (in ythe end, with the same amount of money). What's the point in having 4 ou 5 "cheap" models which all sound alike, instead of having something really good, even if it's just one? Don't get me wrong, I love my TDIII, which I consider very good for the price, but I have a feeling that all top Xears models will sound very very similar, so we'll keep spending money to stay at the same level of SQ each time we buy another one... 
What do you guys think about this? 
popcorn.gif

If you already have had enough in your budget-fi arsenal then it's time you go for a hi-fi.

Oct 28, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #395 of 957
Hm, so after reading all the impressions, it leaves only the XE200Pro and the Ultraphile, which should be the best of the Xears products right now.

Anyone heard both and can compare it a bit regarding the differences in sounding profile?
But well, i don't really like that the XE200Pro comes with a J-Cord..

Oct 28, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #396 of 957

Quote:
Hm, so after reading all the impressions, it leaves only the XE200Pro and the Ultraphile, which should be the best of the Xears products right now.

Anyone heard both and can compare it a bit regarding the differences in sounding profile?
But well, i don't really like that the XE200Pro comes with a J-Cord..

Too few impressions to come to that conclusion. There's like only one person here who has them. And without comparison between the two, the XE200 and Uphile it's hard to tell how good it really is.

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #397 of 957

Quote:
Driver flex is the worst I've ever had, the TD II is worse than the TD III. At first I tried to insert the IEM gently and very shallow so I wouldn't get the popping sounds but it didn't seem to change the sound really, so I just ignore them. I sorta got used to it.
I don't think it has anything to do with construction quality but maybe the fact that it's closed.

One way to avoid driver flex is to use foam tips.  Out of my IEMs, I think TDIII, HA-FXT90, and Maximo IM390 (or maybe it was IM490) had the worst driver flex.

Oct 28, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #398 of 957

Quote:
After 3 Xears models, look what I received today :D

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SNIP<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

What is going on here?  This is the Xears appreciation thread.....lol...............

Just kidding Tiger, of course....I love my BetasV2 very much too........Congratz.....I love trying different brands indeed...

I received these a couple of days ago.  The bass on these make all three of my Xears + Turbines (combined) sound like Grados....lol....Good times....JVC HA-FX1X

Oct 28, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #399 of 957

Quote:
What is going on here?  This is the Xears appreciation thread.....lol...............

Just kidding Tiger, of course....I love my BetasV2 very much too........Congratz.....I love trying different brands indeed...

I received these a couple of days ago.  The bass on these make all three of my Xears + Turbines (combined) sound like Grados....lol....Good times....JVC HA-FX1X

How's the JVC? Any impressions to share (compared to your Xears models)? I actually saw these JVC earbuds while I was ordering my ProAlpha's. Where's the E10 and PL30?
Didn't you order them together?  I've read great things about the E10 from Joker, great bass, treble and clarity. Really interested in what you have to say about them, esp. compared to Xears.

Oct 28, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #400 of 957

Quote:
How's the JVC? Any impressions to share (compared to your Xears models)? I actually saw these JVC earbuds while I was ordering my ProAlpha's. Where's the E10 and PL30?
Didn't you order them together?  I've read great things about the E10 from Joker, great bass, treble and clarity. Really interested in what you have to say about them, esp. compared to Xears.

I started a thread on the JVCs a couple days ago with some impressions.  I also received the E10s & PL30s a day before the JVCs....It has been a fun couple of days.....My main issue with the SoundMAGIC is the cables...Very rubbery and does not like to settle.  The sound is great and I like the signature on both.  The PL30s could have used a bit more bass, but after listening for a while and finally put the ear guides on, I'm liking them a lot.  Joker stated that the bass issue was taken care of with the E30s

Edit: Added...- joker's review was spot on of course.  He mentioned the rubbery cables, so I knew about them before purchase.  I posted in his thread about the bass on the PL30s and the cables.  Before I purchase, I always go to that thread and if i have a specific question, he answers and always very helpful indeed...

Oct 28, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #401 of 957
Just read your other thread about the JVC, sounds like a fun earphone. One thing that is definitely great about Xears are the cables, no memory effect and doesn't tangle. The flatcables are great too, hope more brands will use them. Will you be doing a soundmagic review thread? Very interested in reading a extensive review from you.

Oct 28, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #402 of 957

Quote:
Just read your other thread about the JVC, sounds like a fun earphone. One thing that is definitely great about Xears are the cables, no memory effect and doesn't tangle. The flatcables are great too, hope more brands will use them. Will you be doing a soundmagic review thread? Very interested in reading a extensive review from you.

Thanks Tiger....I have some time on Mon & Tues so will put something together indeed and keep you posted...Yes, the JVCs are very fun, but you have to like the low end very much.  Spot on with the Xears, cables are excellent...
beerchug.gif

Oct 28, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #403 of 957

Quote:

how do they sound? or is it just bass?

Oct 28, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #405 of 957
I thought this was the Xears appreciation thread... 
redface.gif
The Brainwavz review in this thread was hilarious to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back