Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Oct 17, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #271 of 957

Quote:
Are you gonna do a Xears vs. Brainwavz showdown? :D Someone did something like that on a different forum.

link plz

and also consider: 

-Xears Impulse Xi200PRO
-Xears Revolution Series purple
-Xears Nature N3i Highend Headset

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #272 of 957
Just ordered the TD III v2, ah, Kopfhörer.
I had to tick a box that says I agree to the terms and conditions (in English) but the pdf are all in German lol.
I know it'll take a while to ship...Can't wait.

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #275 of 957

Quote:
Guys, getting 5 models from Xears. Help me decide which ones to go for to have the widest assortment of different but likeable sound signatures.

Currently use RE 0 and RE 272. Getting Brainwavz M2, M3, Pro Alpha, Hippo VB and MEElec CC51 soon.

Mostly listen to post rock and other genres (Dubstep, trance, techno, shoegaze etc) too.

I am considering these from Xears:
1. TD III V2 Blackwood
2. XE200PRO Walnut edition
3. Ultraphile
4. Amazing A330PRO
5. ???

Get all that money and buy a Westone UM3X RC and thank me later. Instead of buying "ok" IEMs, you're gonna buy the best universal IEM on the planet ; )

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #276 of 957

Quote:
Get all that money and buy a Westone UM3X RC and thank me later. Instead of buying "ok" IEMs, you're gonna buy the best universal IEM on the planet ; )

if he can make the normal deal with thomas he would be spending 100 euro in total

Oct 18, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #277 of 957
@miow
the only thing holding me back is over-the-ear type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

and also consider: 

-Xears Impulse Xi200PRO
-Xears Revolution Series purple
-Xears Nature N3i Highend Headset

Thanks buddy :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you gonna do a Xears vs. Brainwavz showdown? :D Someone did something like that on a different forum.

Not really. I am just making a collection :p

Oct 18, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #278 of 957

Quote:
if he can make the normal deal with thomas he would be spending 100 euro in total

I bought my Westone UM3X RC (used as new) for 165 euro. Plus, he won't notice much difference in sound quality from all those phones and the sound will always be "just fine". They're not high-end IEMs like the UM3X.

Oct 18, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #279 of 957
"i" series earphones have inline mic, is it correct. I would like one without mic.

Here is the updated list, do point out if I can replace the 5th one with something better (without inline mic). Thanks.

1. TD III V2 Blackwood
3. Ultraphile
4. Amazing A330PRO
5. Xears Revolution Series purple

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #280 of 957
Hey guys, I've been using XGF500's for a while and I'm very happy with them. Now I will be ordering 1 pair of Xears for my girl and want to hear your recommendations for a balanced earphone with good vocals, so less focus on bass and above avarage overall build quality/looks. I've read trough this whole page and I got a feeling XE200's are best for that but housing is too huge and they don't really look good at all.

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #281 of 957

Quote:
"i" series earphones have inline mic, is it correct. I would like one without mic.

Here is the updated list, do point out if I can replace the 5th one with something better (without inline mic). Thanks.

1. TD III V2 Blackwood
3. Ultraphile
4. Amazing A330PRO
5. Xears Revolution Series purple

Sorry, don't have much to add to that, but let us know about the new Walnut edition when you get them. plz

Oct 18, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #283 of 957

Quote:
Here you go:
http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/comparison-9-iems-brainwavz-vs-xears-184234.html

Quote:

Both are the same
wink.gif
- except that the blog edition is a little longer and includes a couple of models more.

Quote:
Guys, getting 5 models from Xears. Help me decide which ones to go for to have the widest assortment of different but likeable sound signatures.

Currently use RE 0 and RE 272. Getting Brainwavz M2, M3, Pro Alpha, Hippo VB and MEElec CC51 soon.

Mostly listen to post rock and other genres (Dubstep, trance, techno, shoegaze etc) too.

I am considering these from Xears:
1. TD III V2 Blackwood
3. Ultraphile
4. Amazing A330PRO
5. ???

Another Xears collector?
eek.gif

Choose something different and do not go for all of them in one go unless Thomas has a heavily discounted offer for you. The problem with Xears is that you can never guess how they are going to sound unless someone reviews them.

How about

• XR120 Pro II
  • Nature N3i
  • XE200Pro

They should all sound a little different from each other. I only own XE200Pro, but the other two have always tempted me.

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #285 of 957

Users who are viewing this thread

Back