Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Oct 13, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #242 of 957

Quote:
Personally I would either get the TDIII, XSR330PRO or the XGF500PRO for them. (Note I'm an audionoob so take my recommendations with a pinch of salt!)

The TDIII offers a very warm sound which is actually quite balanced. The fit is pretty nice and so isolation is pretty good. The build quality is above average with the housing made from wood and plastic. The v2s have a cloth cable and they're j-corded, I notice many people on Head-Fi do not like j-cords.

The XSR330PRO offers an "in your face" sound with higher bass than the TDIII (IIRC) with the vocals really extending out towards you. However, I feel the highs and mids along with the vocals bleed into each other but you may like that effect. They're probably the lightest out of the 3 as it's made from plastic and the flat cable seems ok. The fit is the nicest out of the 3 and has the best isolation IMO. The build quality of the housing seems pretty poor in comparison with the others though.

The XGF500PRO I haven't really used for a long time but I remember the bass was very punchy too and the clarity was quite good, probably the best out of these 3. I would say these are not as warm as the TDIIIs and the XSR330PROs and the vocals were further than in the XSR330PRO and slightly lower than the TDIIIs too. The fit is quite loose and as the headphones are quite heavy the isolation isn't as good if you move about. The build quality is the best out of the 3 with the aluminium housing but I fear it will break over time.

The rest is for you to decide (or if other Head-Fiers help you :))

Thanks for this, very helpful.  So, I have the same opinion of the XSR, I don't like the vocal or mids as a hole.  As a direct comparison how is the TDIII's soundstage to the XSR?  Do guitars for example sound outside the head or inside? 

I think the TDIII is my last hope for Xears.  Thanks in advance

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #243 of 957
Thanks for your help Ulti :wink:

I am still not sure lol, but I have decided to buy the XGF500PRO.

I never had In-Ears! Well I'm sure I will like these. :D

Oct 13, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #244 of 957
Sitrep from an ambivalent XGFPRO500 owner: I am returning the XGF for the hopefully more balanced XE200PRO. I have alternately loved and hated these 'phones, with the bass impact being very enjoyable for some tracks (for example sparser electronic music) but on busier tracks with heavier bass I found the rather pronounced bass of the XGF interfered with the overall clarity. Although this is all from an untrained ear (I've had only some previous experience with mid-range headphones, having heard the KSC75, MS-1s, Sennheiser HD575 and HD598).

Is there anyone who has both the XE200PRO and XGF and could comment on the relative bass impact or detail? I'm hoping the XE200PRO has less pronounced bass, although opinions seem to vary. I think some of this variance for the XGF can be attributed the seal used; I found them to be quite bright and perhaps hollow until I switched to the better-fitting foam tips. Incidentally when I was talking to Thomas on the Xears site he mentioned the nobody is buying the Xi200PRO and so he is ceasing production, so I suppose anyone who fancies one of those should act quick. He also said the Walnut XE200PROs would be in stock in "1 week maybe".

Also does anyone have any experience with other foam tips for the XE200s, maybe Olives or Comply tips? How would they fit?

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #245 of 957
It seems that the XE200Pro are the best accepted here sound-wise.

But, aren't they too uncomfortable to wear for a longer period of time?

They look huge and would stick out of the ear quite visibly?

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #246 of 957

Quote:

yeah I think so, these In ears has really good feedback.

Thomas said me that the XSR330PRO are the best In ears from Xears. But dunno If I can believe that..

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #249 of 957

Quote:

Yeah I'm hoping that wearing them over the ear with different tips might mitigate this issue some, but perhaps not. I'm also worried that even as a step down from XGF there will still be too much bass for my liking. I've also got the ECCI PR401, Fischer Audio Silver Bullet, RE0, Brainwavz M3s, Etymotic MC5s or a Sunrise in my sights. Only problem is in Australia these costs 70-100 whereas the Xears are a definite 50. Can anyone comment on the bass and general signature between the XGF and these other options? Or perhaps the KSC75, the signature of which I've found to be very pleasant? I've accepted that I won't be able to find anything that sounds like the KSC75 for anywhere near the money but all of the IEMs I've gone through have been quite coloured. I like bass but I don't like the low-end to interfere with anything else.

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #251 of 957
Can't decide between the TD-III and the N3i.. Seems to be similar except for the fact that N3i has a shallow fit and has ipod controls.

I'd much rather have the TD-III for its deeper fit, but the N3i for its ipod controls.. Decisions decisions.

Oct 13, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #252 of 957

Quote:
Can't decide between the TD-III and the N3i.. Seems to be similar except for the fact that N3i has a shallow fit and has ipod controls.

I'd much rather have the TD-III for its deeper fit, but the N3i for its ipod controls.. Decisions decisions.

With so many models, decisions are tough indeed.

Well, for now hybrids (olives) on the XE200s and comply on the 500s.

Just received the Comply S-400 (Schnozberry).  I'm really liking the fit and comfort of the S-400s.

Oct 14, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #253 of 957
**** lol.. he doesn't have the XE200PRO anymore. Just on ebay and he wants 49€ lolz.

Well, next week he will get the new Walnut version(XE200PRO), I will accept that.

I hope these In Ears has the same Sound Quality..

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #254 of 957
For the love of god, can someone please help me out?! I can't decide between the N3i's and the Xi200PRO.

Arghhhh I've been stressing over this for the past week and I'm pretty sure I grew at least 15 white hairs regarding this matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back