Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Jul 8, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #61 of 957
After a couple of weeks with my TDIII V2 I have to say that I am not a fan.  Don't get me wrong there is nothing bad its just their sonic profile does not do it for me (even though a U-curve normally does being an Ultrasone fan).

Perhaps its my bass related musical tastes, there is sub bass but its not that controlled and has impact but cold, mids seem to be hidden and the balance just seems off. EQ does not seem to help the lack of mid bass either. 

The treble however is decent, nicely bright and detailed which I think is one of the TDIII strengths.

I find myself leaving these IEMs on the shelf and go back to my Brainwavs M2, If the M2s had the housing and build quality of the TDIII that would be awesome as I love the TDIII lightness and cable finish.

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #62 of 957
I quite like these earphones. The driver flex freaked me out a bit at first but it's actually not that annoying and the sound quality seems to be good for the price.

The j cord is a bit annoying though.

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #63 of 957

Quote:
I quite like these earphones. The driver flex freaked me out a bit at first but it's actually not that annoying and the sound quality seems to be good for the price.

The j cord is a bit annoying though.

Driver flex is only bad if it ruins sound (literally mutes the sound; or almost does).  I have to agree that a J-cord is annoying...  Is it a short one like the iN3?  I'm 5 feet tall (well, just about :p) and it's annoyingly short...

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #64 of 957
I actually think J-cord is pretty convenient if you have to often take off one IEM to talk to people.  Just wear one cable behind your neck - that's how J-cord is supposed to work.

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #65 of 957

Quote:
I actually think J-cord is pretty convenient if you have to often take off one IEM to talk to people.  Just wear one cable behind your neck - that's how J-cord is supposed to work.

In ways, the j-chord is useful, but overally I findt it more of a nuisance because there is a slight imbalance in pulling forces when walking, so one gets tugged slightly more than the other. You can put a Y-chord behind your neck just as easily and hasn't got any nuisances in my opinion.

Jul 8, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #66 of 957

Quote:

I actually like J-cords for this exact reason...  I don't like this one because it's really short, even for a short person, it's short. :p

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #67 of 957
Does anyone know which (if any) third party ear tips will fit the TD III?
I am using the bi-flange tips that came with the earphones. The sound is great, but I am wondering if there might be more comfortable options.
I have tried foam tips and none of them work for me.
I use the Sony EPEX10A tips with my Monster Turbine's. They make a perfect seal for me, but the center hole is too small to fit onto the TD III.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #69 of 957
Thanks. I have tried to get the Sony hybrids on, but was defeated from fear of damaging the TD IIIs with the force it was taking.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #70 of 957

Quote:
Thanks. I have tried to get the Sony hybrids on, but was defeated from fear of damaging the TD IIIs with the force it was taking.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

try Comply T400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back