Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
May 3, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #32 of 957
I only used it yesterday and it worked just fine. I have no idea when it expires though.

May 3, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #33 of 957
An update from post #19 on April 28th:

I chatted with Thomas on Live Chat on their site a little while ago. He told me to submit a picture with the cable cut off and my address to him and he would send me a new one.

That was great considering that my previous 2 emails to him were never responded to. He said that they've been having some problems, but he didn't go into detail about it.

I've sent the email to him, so I'll see how it goes this time around.

----------------

Edit: A little bit after I posted this Thomas posted my information for verification in the Live Chat window after I had emailed it to him. He also told me that the TDIII was out of stock, and that he would substitute the TDII in it's place. He said that the only difference between the two were that the TDII's housing is made of aluminum instead of wood. He verified that the same driver is used in the two models. He left a little time for me to object to it, but I figured that they should sound similar so I didn't bother.

A few hours ago he emailed me and said that they had been packed for shipping. If they take as long as the TDIIIs did, then I should have them in about 10 days.

May 5, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #34 of 957
My N3i's came in earlier today and they should definitley be considered if you want a bit more clarity and are willing to sacrifice a little amount of bass. The cable is much better and the housings have better strain reliefs and should last longer than the TD100-iii's. Great deal especially so if the code still works

May 6, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #37 of 957
Anyone else find them too sensitive? Mine actually buzzes when driven from my horrible laptop sound card. I have a DAC on the way, hopefully that'll fix it.

May 6, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #38 of 957

Quote:
Anyone else find them too sensitive? Mine actually buzzes when driven from my horrible laptop sound card. I have a DAC on the way, hopefully that'll fix it.

Had the same experience with my JH16. Adding an amp/DAC solved the problem.
I think it's the fan in the laptop that causes the buzz.

My N3i's are on their way, should have them by tomorrow.

May 7, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #40 of 957
How are the Nature N3is? Has anyone gotten them yet? I wanted to know if they were any better than the TD-II/TD-IIIs. I ordered my TD-IIIs about a week ago or so and I should get them in about three more days if my guess is correct. I have also chatted with Thomas and he informed me about the problems people are having with the cords, saying that they break easily. He is sending me TD-IIs as a replacement so those should be on their way as well.

I would like to mention though that I am very surprised by the high level of customer service, considering that everyone has been attended by the same guy. I was nervous about this at first, but hearing all these good reviews is comforting. Hopefully by the time I get my TD-IIIs I will be able to fix the cable problem before it happens, then I'll have two new IEMs!

May 9, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #41 of 957

Oddly enough it still hums/buzzes when connected to my E7, which is connected to my laptop but not when the E7 is connected to my portable source.

Update:

Doesn't seem to happen anymore. Last time it happened, I noticed that holding the E7 removes the buzz completely.

I'm liking the sound signature so much that I begin to use it in my home setup. Female vocals are a bit muffled, but the sound is very non-fatiguing to my ears. I had a slight comfort problem due to the housing size and shape (it was pushing against my tragus) and solved it by carefully trying out different tips and insertion depths. Ended up with the foam tips and shallow-ish insertion, sacrificing a bit of the bass rumble and seal.

May 13, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #42 of 957
Man Im still enjoying these and surprised they arent more popular around here. A really nice, cheap IEM that Im not scared to break. They sound better out of my laptop than my cowon s9. I also found that the biflange are my favorite tips. I was using the foam tips because of the comfort but noticed a sonic improvement when I used the biflange tips.

May 16, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #44 of 957

Quote:
anyone hearing crackling sound when plugging it in your ear?

That's most likely driver flex.  Most dynamic IEMs have them, tho the Xears are somewhat worse than others.

I wouldn't worry about it.

May 16, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #45 of 957
ok thought something was wrong with it. never happened with other dynamic iems. was worried since it was pretty bad plug into my ears and crackling.press into my ears to adjust crackle pop. Re0 are dynamic right? also have mtcp which are dynamic and did not have much crackling. but anyways thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back