XDUoo XD05PRO
Apr 2, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #1,816 of 2,372
my unit arrived today. I also have the noise floor.
I have a question, the mqa icon doesn’t appear when connected to the hiby r5 II player. if the player decodes it, "ofs" shows, but if I turn on usb audio access, it only shows pcm and not mqa icon. Knows anyone?
OFS stands for Original Frequency Spectrum and confirms your XD05 PRO is receiving an MQA stream. You'll see the original sample rate displayed on the XD05 PRO.

An example of more info here:
https://ifi-audio.com/faqs/ofs-shows-instead-of-mqa/

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #1,818 of 2,372
OFS stands for Original Frequency Spectrum and confirms your XD05 PRO is receiving an MQA stream. You'll see the original sample rate displayed on the XD05 PRO.

An example of more info here:
https://ifi-audio.com/faqs/ofs-shows-instead-of-mqa/
I know, I already looked up what it means.
Currently only usb audio player pro works on android system. mqa playback does not work with iPhone 15.

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #1,819 of 2,372
I know, I already looked up what it means.
Currently only usb audio player pro works on android system. mqa playback does not work with iPhone 15.
OK. Sorry I didn't help. I'm afraid I'm not sure what your question is now.

Apr 2, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #1,820 of 2,372
My question is no longer relevant, because I realized that only the uapp application works with xduoo. Here you can see the mqa icon. On the iPhone, the tidal application does not work at the moment with xd05pro.

Apr 2, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #1,821 of 2,372
Yes, hissing. Indeed, I compared the sensitivity of our iems and found it strange.
The only thing that affects the noise is the SE or BAL connection, in the latter case it is louder.
I also hear it on Nicehck F1 pro (planar iem), Kiwi Quintet, Snowy A8 (115 db/mW 12ohm), no problems with full-size Onkyo A800 100 sens 32ohm, Moondrop Venus.
Gain, volume, power supply (battery, power bank, mean well 12v), source (BT/Optical/USB) - have no effect.
I have pretty good hearing (young), it's not a big problem outside the home as ambient noise masks it, but since I usually use it at home where it's pretty quiet, it becomes audible in pauses between instruments or quiet parts of the music.
So I bought ifi iematch and it solved my problem, but I would like to use xd05 without it.
My unit also has a floor noise. Is your charge usb port red? In older models, it is still black. Maybe they changed something on the panel or the noise in the recent series so that it sounds dynamic even in eco mode. But I don't think it's a mistake.

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #1,824 of 2,372
My unit also has a floor noise. Is your charge usb port red? In older models, it is still black. Maybe they changed something on the panel or the noise in the recent series so that it sounds dynamic even in eco mode. But I don't think it's a mistake.
I received it from China a month or two ago, the charging port LED is off in EXT mode

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #1,826 of 2,372

I. this video the tester thinks the mojo2 is a better dacamp in sq. Do you think so too?

From my experience. In stock form. The Mojo 2 has a better warmth and smoothness compared to the XD05 Pro stock but it is extremely subjective as that warmth/smoothness sounds muffled to me. But the XD05 Pro hands down wins in staging, dynamics, clarity, overall resolution and everywhere else, no comparison.

XD05 Pro + Sparkos SS3602.........................What is a Chord Mojo 2???? 🤔

Edit. Not completely saying the Mojo 2 isn't a good product. Sound is overall extremely subjective. But in my experience and other reviewers have said also, that the XD05 Pro is the better performer. Soundnews, iiWi reviews, WaveTheory and others also agree. My personal opinion. Mojo 2 doesn't come close vs XD05 Pro with ESS dac + Sparkos SS3602. That's my personal opinion.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #1,827 of 2,372
My question is no longer relevant, because I realized that only the uapp application works with xduoo. Here you can see the mqa icon. On the iPhone, the tidal application does not work at the moment with xd05pro.
If your question is about MQA, I don’t think the XD05Pro supports MQA, at least not with the ESS DAC. The ESS DAC has 2 variants ES9039SPro and ES9039MPro. The latter as denoted by the letter “M” supports MQA. XD05Pro comes with the “S” variant which does not support MQA.

If you are able to playback MQA using UAPP, that’s because UAPP supports MQA decoding (done in Software).

Edit: The problem with MQA is that it’s not free. It’s a licensed format and so every hardware or software that implements an MQA decoder needs additional license (meaning additional cost). Hence not everyone implements it, especially now that the format is becoming more and more obsolete. **** Tidal, they’ve got the worst service and support of all the streaming services.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #1,828 of 2,372
If your question is about MQA, I don’t think the XD05Pro supports MQA, at least not with the ESS DAC. The ESS DAC has 2 variants ES9039SPro and ES9039MPro. The latter as denoted by the letter “M” supports MQA. XD05Pro comes with the “S” variant which does not support MQA.

If you are able to playback MQA using UAPP, that’s because UAPP supports MQA decoding (done in Software).

Edit: The problem with MQA is that it’s not free. It’s a licensed format and so every hardware or software that implements an MQA decoder needs additional license (meaning additional cost). Hence not everyone implements it, especially now that the format is becoming more and more obsolete. **** Tidal, they’ve got the worst service and support of all the streaming services.

MQA is supported, but only from USB and not from SPDIF (like IFI Gryphon).

MQA
IMG_8736.jpeg

MQA Studio
IMG_8737.jpeg

OFS
IMG_8738.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #1,829 of 2,372
It's been a while since I used it with native TIDAL app (I almost always use ROON), so I can't say how it behaves at the moment (after the move of TIDAL to MAX), but the last time I tried it the TIDAL app performed the first unfold, then used XD05 as the 'render' (written OFS).

And also I haven't used UAPP for a while, but the last time I tried it (bitperfect setting) was using XD05 as decoder+render (written MQA or MQA.. depending on the type of source content).

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #1,830 of 2,372

But you are right that it is not the DAC that is responsible for MQA decoding.

It is usually entrusted to a specific chip called 'XMOS 16X'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back