XDUoo XD05PRO
Mar 31, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #1,771 of 2,207
Hi All: First time posting on this forum. I finally had some time to sit and compare the Sparkos SS3602 and the Burson V7 Classic in the XD-05. I am far from being any kind of audio expert, but I did like the Burson V7s better, but not by a wide margin. I've had the Sparkos for about a year, and I have loved them. I got the V7's about three weeks ago, but I've been too busy with work to get them inserted properly. In my short listening session with classical music, the Burson had more of deeper or warmer sound, as well as detail equal to the sparkos. I just wish there was a way to insert the V7s into the XD-05 like the Sparkos. Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Mar 31, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #1,772 of 2,207
maybe but to me it looks like we are getting a new xd bal device that also might have interchangeable modules if you look at the device on the left and maybe its for this one. just guessing tho. anyways great find! thank you for sharing!
Why does the XD Pro now have a green volume knob, what is the difference?

Mar 31, 2024 at 3:16 AM Post #1,775 of 2,207
Mar 31, 2024 at 3:34 AM Post #1,776 of 2,207
Mar 31, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #1,777 of 2,207
Mar 31, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #1,778 of 2,207
The V16 are very sensitive. On my Prestige LTD on ECO it ranges from 32 to 40 depending on album. On normal 26 to 34. Turbo 24 to 32. That's with External power. On battery it's the same. With blutooth add 5 to all numbers give or take. But them Storms are pretty power hungry
V16 is almost annoyingly sensitive at times. I couldn't use it with my Burson 3X GT because even on 1 in low gain, I found it too loud (12W desktop amp, very sensitive IEM... recipe for disaster). As an IEM to test noise floors, V16 is brilliant. The fact the XD05 PRO is dead silent using it, even with the SS3602s, is a positive.

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #1,780 of 2,207
I installed the Sparkos SS3602 op amps on the XD05 Pro, and on first impression, it sounds kind of muffled. Is this how it's supposed to sound, or did I install it incorrectly? It sounds like there's a baritone filter.

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #1,781 of 2,207
I installed the Sparkos SS3602 op amps on the XD05 Pro, and on first impression, it sounds kind of muffled. Is this how it's supposed to sound, or did I install it incorrectly? It sounds like there's a baritone filter.
Once I had an experience with cheap low qulity DIP8 socket op-amp risers, when I changed them for better conduction and quality sockets, the sound became more clear and with better dynamics. This could be an issue, or not. Also this could be synergie with your headphones.

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #1,782 of 2,207
Once I had an experience with cheap low qulity DIP8 socket op-amp risers, when I changed them for better conduction and quality sockets, the sound became more clear and with better dynamics. This could be an issue, or not. Also this could be synergie with your headphones.
I cut off the silver pins on the corner of the op amps with a wire cutter, so I didn't use dip8 risers.

How is the Sparkos SS3602 supposed to sound when it's synergizing with your headphones?

On the Prestige LTD, I feel it's suppressing the brightness in the songs I listen to. I also feel like the bass is subdued. But this is all first impression. I'll listen to it again later to reevaluate. And I'll probably try switching back and forth with the stock amps for comparison.

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #1,783 of 2,207
I cut off the silver pins on the corner of the op amps with a wire cutter, so I didn't use dip8 risers.

How is the Sparkos SS3602 supposed to sound when it's synergizing with your headphones?

On the Prestige LTD, I feel it's suppressing the brightness in the songs I listen to. I also feel like the bass is subdued. But this is all first impression. I'll listen to it again later to reevaluate. And I'll probably try switching back and forth with the stock amps for comparison.
That doesn't sound right at all, to be honest. The SS3602s should sound more dynamic and impactful than the stock OPA1612s. You should definitely not be losing high end and bass should feel deeper, in my experience. Share a pic or two, if you're able.

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #1,784 of 2,207
Hi All: First time posting on this forum. I finally had some time to sit and compare the Sparkos SS3602 and the Burson V7 Classic in the XD-05. I am far from being any kind of audio expert, but I did like the Burson V7s better, but not by a wide margin. I've had the Sparkos for about a year, and I have loved them. I got the V7's about three weeks ago, but I've been too busy with work to get them inserted properly. In my short listening session with classical music, the Burson had more of deeper or warmer sound, as well as detail equal to the sparkos. I just wish there was a way to insert the V7s into the XD-05 like the Sparkos. Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.
Thanks for sharing - sounds like the V7 Classics are worth a look. Have you tried the V7 Vivids as well, or just the Classics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back