XDUoo XD05PRO
Mar 25, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #1,696 of 2,155
I should receive the BURSON V7s next week, and on this occasion I will also take some time to test the SS2590 PRO.

I'm almost certain that I will have the same problem that @quaddac had with the STACCATO, i.e. that I will only get operation in ECO or NORMAL mode and not in TURBO. But I could be wrong.
Which V7 did you get? The vivid or classic? Very looking forward for your impressions on the V7s….

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #1,698 of 2,155
The issue of power efficiency has not been addressed when it comes to larger opamps. When I tested the staccato opamps, they only worked in eco mode.
If run with external 12V battery mode is fine?

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #1,699 of 2,155
You guys should really try ROHM with HA-8802 opamps, if u love listening to female vocals. 😍

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #1,700 of 2,155
I should receive the BURSON V7s next week, and on this occasion I will also take some time to test the SS2590 PRO.

I'm almost certain that I will have the same problem that @quaddac had with the STACCATO, i.e. that I will only get operation in ECO or NORMAL mode and not in TURBO. But I could be wrong.
I will receive my Burson V7 Classic in a couple days and also will test it :) please let us know your impressions if you will test SS2590 vs Burson V7V 👍👍👍

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #1,701 of 2,155
I feel letting the Xduoo XD05 Pro unit run around 10 mins onwards actually improves the sound. Anyone felt the same too?!

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #1,703 of 2,155
I hear this with all my audio equipment after ~30 min warm-up 😁👍
Thanks for your verification. Seems like my impression is real 😂

Mar 25, 2024 at 11:02 PM Post #1,705 of 2,155
I have an XD-05 PRO on loan for a couple of weeks and have been doing some initial testing / op-amp rolling. I'm still forming impressions so don't want to post too much just yet. It's a beast of a device and has plenty of power to drive any IEMs and probably most headphones.

I've swapped op-amps and installed a pair of Sparkos SS3602s in place of the JRC5532 op-amps that were supplied. The SS3602s *just* fit but I had to trim and file a couple of the installation legs on the underside of one op-amp as they were catching against some of the caps. Other op-amps mentioned earlier in this thread such as the Burson V5iD, Muses02 and Analog Devices op-amps will fit without any difficulty. I'd recommend using DIP8 mounting adapters with op-amps such as ADs or Muses so you don't damage the legs of the op-amps themselves. You need to be careful when extracting them directly from the XD-05 PRO op-amp mounts.

I've included a few pics to illustrate the change of op-amps to the SS3602s.
Can you please explain how to "trim and file a couple of the installation legs" of the Sparkos SS3602 op amps? I'm guessing the "installation legs" are the silver points sticking out on the corners. If so, my question is, how do you trim and file this part? What tools do I need to buy? Is there a good tutorial somewhere on how to do this? Thank you.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #1,706 of 2,155
Can you please explain how to "trim and file a couple of the installation legs" of the Sparkos SS3602 op amps? I'm guessing the "installation legs" are the silver points sticking out on the corners. If so, my question is, how do you trim and file this part? What tools do I need to buy? Is there a good tutorial somewhere on how to do this? Thank you.
x2 and good question.

Mar 26, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #1,707 of 2,155
I have yet to find an iem that has the effortless of the Prestige LTD. There will be iems that bring details more forward, or stage larger, or have more low end. But to just be able to put you in a zone and forget your listening to iems and get you lost in music and pure enjoyment. No iem has yet done this. Truly an endgame set up here 🤯 I should be asleep as I have work in the morning but it just sounds too good. Way too good. Too much of an amazing thing haha
20240326_214350.jpg

Mar 26, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #1,708 of 2,155
I will let him answer your question. But here’s an alternative.
It’s a wire cutter. I used this to cut the edges, comes off nice and easy. You can cut it to any mm you want precisely. Bought it from Amazon for less than 10 bucks.

1711450669093.png

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #1,709 of 2,155
You can fit it in one of these 2 ways.

1. Using 2 DIP-8 risers. The op-amps almost touch the bottom of the device in this case and the device gets warmer compared to the 2nd method below.

2. Cut off the pins at the edges using a wire cutter, super easy and clean. Goes in without any risers and results in ample space inside. Runs a bit cooler.

Despite what anyone says, it is NOT possible to install 2 of these without one of these methods. If you try to force the op-amps on to the board without risers and without cutting the edges, you will bend one of those capacitors/resistors whatever they are that’s blocking at least on one side. The other side goes in without any modification. Search in this thread and you’ll find plenty of pictures that show you this.
Can you clarify what you mean with option 1, when you say that the device runs warmer compared to option 2? Can you explain how much warmer and how it affects the performance of the XD05 Pro? It does seem like the more user friendly option, though. If I understand correctly, there's no modification required like option 1 - you just have to connect the Sparkos SS3602 op amps on top of the DIP8 risers like legos, and then plug the whole piece onto the board. This would make the op amp even taller than it already looks in photos. And I'm assuming there's enough overhead clearance to allow this 🤔

Option 2 seems to be the most efficient for the device, since you say that it runs cooler. However, it does seem like the riskier option since it requires modification with a wire cutter. I'm worried that I might not cut enough of the silver pins; it looks like you have to cut really close to the board, so there's very little left of the silver pins. If you fail to cut enough of it, I'm guessing you would need to file it down with another tool, since there won't be anything much left to grab onto with the wire cutter. What tool would you suggest for this? Also, is there a specific type of wire cutter that's best for precisely snipping the silver pins in the corner? Thank you.

Mar 26, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #1,710 of 2,155

Users who are viewing this thread

Back