XDUoo XD05PRO
Mar 19, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #1,621 of 2,155
Hey Guys,

I may change my RME ADI-2 DAC FS for a XD05 Pro, because I want something more portable. Did anyone had the chance to compare those two soundwise?

And does someone use the XD05 Pro with an Meze Elite?
Check out this video from Joshua Valour… skip to ~6:00 minute mark. You might find it helpful.

Mar 19, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #1,622 of 2,155
Hey Guys,

I may change my RME ADI-2 DAC FS for a XD05 Pro, because I want something more portable. Did anyone had the chance to compare those two soundwise?

i read just today that the RME has its problems with creating a deep soundstage with holographic imaging. On the other hand the Xduoo even in stock configuration is doing exactly this on the level of at least an 1k desktop setup. If you are into soundstage and dont need the unique features of the RME it might be worth a shot.
If you are using the RME without an external amp even dynamics, punch and liveliness might be better with the Xduoo also. I suggest to watch these reviews, as they compare the Xduoo to some well known alternatives: and afaik both arent sponsored.

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #1,624 of 2,155
Hey Guys,

I don't own the Meze Elite, but have tested it with the Xduoo XD05 Pro, very very nice pairing 😁
i read just today that the RME has its problems with creating a deep soundstage with holographic imaging. On the other hand the Xduoo even in stock configuration is doing exactly this on the level of at least an 1k desktop setup. If you are into soundstage and dont need the unique features of the RME it might be worth a shot.
If you are using the RME without an external amp even dynamics, punch and liveliness might be better with the Xduoo also. I suggest to watch these reviews, as they compare the Xduoo to some well known alternatives: and afaik both arent sponsored.

I wholeheartedly say, you hit it right on the nail. The RME is great, but if you don't need all the features. The XD05 Pro is hard to pass. If you don't have power hungry cans like Susvara etc... The XD05 Pro has more dynamics, soundstage and overall a more musical sound compared to the RME. My rec would be, sell the RME, buy the Sparkos op-amps and call it a day. You have something that sounds better than the RME with the freedom of portability.

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #1,625 of 2,155
ok, i just ordered the XD05 pro because the left channel on the RME's headphone output seems to have a failure... too bad, I can't sell it in this condition.

What adapters do I need to fit the Sparkos amps in the XD05?

Mar 20, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #1,626 of 2,155
ok, i just ordered the XD05 pro because the left channel on the RME's headphone output seems to have a failure... too bad, I can't sell it in this condition.

No adapters needed to fit the Sparkos SS3602s. You should just be able to remove the stock op amps and fit a pair of SS3602s. Seems some folks have been able to fit them without issue, others have needed a little surgery on one of the op amps to clear the caps.

Mar 21, 2024 at 1:34 AM Post #1,627 of 2,155

You can fit it in one of these 2 ways.

1. Using 2 DIP-8 risers. The op-amps almost touch the bottom of the device in this case and the device gets warmer compared to the 2nd method below.

2. Cut off the pins at the edges using a wire cutter, super easy and clean. Goes in without any risers and results in ample space inside. Runs a bit cooler.

Despite what anyone says, it is NOT possible to install 2 of these without one of these methods. If you try to force the op-amps on to the board without risers and without cutting the edges, you will bend one of those capacitors/resistors whatever they are that’s blocking at least on one side. The other side goes in without any modification. Search in this thread and you’ll find plenty of pictures that show you this.

Mar 21, 2024 at 1:49 AM Post #1,628 of 2,155
For those who love listening to female vocals, ROHM DAC with MUSES02 is awesome!
Chinese forum Xduoo engineers said they got customers that tested this combo and refused to return back. In the end, customer returned back forgot to take out the MUSES02 op-amps 😂

Mar 21, 2024 at 1:53 AM Post #1,629 of 2,155
Hi there, I did not know that a thread exists for this beautiful machine🔥

Love mine with Sparkos opamps & AKM Dac-module. Eagerly waiting for the R2R one to be released.

IMG_0086.jpeg

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:26 AM Post #1,630 of 2,155

Love mine with Sparkos opamps & AKM Dac-module. Eagerly waiting for the R2R one to be released.

IMG_0086.jpeg
Very well made indeed. I love it's design too very practical & industrial looks.

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:29 AM Post #1,631 of 2,155

IMG_0086.jpeg
Yep, I'm pretty much on wait for xDuoo to release that R2R module and then pull the trigger on this amp, sorry Shanling H5, you where great, and you're still great, but this is better.

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:31 AM Post #1,632 of 2,155
Do you guys bought leather case for your beloved Xduoo XD05 Pro?

IMG_20240318_155743.jpg

Mar 21, 2024 at 3:07 AM Post #1,635 of 2,155
Is it real leather? I thought it's a PU leather.
Outer is real leather.
This is a non official Xduoo XD05 Pro case, bought it from a store in Taobao.
From my knowledge, Xduoo don't have the case yet for the Pro yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back