XDUoo XD05PRO
Feb 27, 2024 at 7:24 AM Post #1,502 of 2,406
Briefly, yes. The Sparkos is definitely better at everything. OPA1612s are decent but they lose out especially on high frequencies. Also for soundstage and layering I would definitely recommend the Sparkos, it’s worth the extra cost.
thank you so much! even tho i see my wallet crying :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: much appreciate your support specially in this thread as i said before already!

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:57 AM Post #1,504 of 2,406
Has anyone tried gaming with the XD-05 Pro on PS4 or PS5? Just wondering if It'll work directly connected into the USB port
I can try it this evening and let you know. But as far as I’m aware it will NOT work because there is no switch/setting on the XD05Pro to activate UAC 1.0 which is required for consoles. It only supports UAC 2.0.

Feb 28, 2024 at 3:48 AM Post #1,505 of 2,406
Briefly, yes. The Sparkos is definitely better at everything. OPA1612s are decent but they lose out especially on high frequencies. Also for soundstage and layering I would definitely recommend the Sparkos, it’s worth the extra cost.
I totally agree.

Feb 28, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #1,509 of 2,406
There’s hissing with my Mentors, sensitive IEMs. Will the Sparkos have a positive effect on hissing like lowering or even removing it?

Feb 28, 2024 at 8:24 PM Post #1,510 of 2,406
There’s hissing with my Mentors, sensitive IEMs. Will the Sparkos have a positive effect on hissing like lowering or even removing it?
It depends. What op-amps do you have now ?
You shouldn’t have any hissing with the stock op-amps. On paper, there’s no other op-amp which has a lesser noise floor compared to OPA1612.

If you have the Bursons and have hissing then yes switching to Sparkos should reduce/eliminate the hissing.

Feb 29, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #1,512 of 2,406
It depends. What op-amps do you have now ?
You shouldn’t have any hissing with the stock op-amps. On paper, there’s no other op-amp which has a lesser noise floor compared to OPA1612.

If you have the Bursons and have hissing then yes switching to Sparkos should reduce/eliminate the hissing.
I have hiss on both the stock opamps and the sparkos. XBA-Z5, kiwi quintet

Feb 29, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #1,514 of 2,406
Sorry guys, was offline last week.

Managed to talk to a Xudoo support rep, and he commented it s most likely a display problem. 2 options available, 1. sending back to China to get it fixed, 2. he sends me a display and let me DIY.

Asked him whether there s any video instruction but they have already left for the Chinese New Year holiday. So will have to wait another 2 weeks for update.

Will report back if hv any progress...
Finally contacted the Xudoo support via wechat.
He sent me a new display PLUS a display cable, and also asked his engineer to show how to open the box up and change the display.
Try to follow the steps and changed the display first, and no good.
Then try to replace the display cable as well, and the new display comes alive !!
20240229_193741.jpg

Now can enjoy the power of XD05PRO without any visual impairment.

Thanks for all bros who have guided and helped this round. Guess it s a good learning journey too.

Cheers 🍻

Feb 29, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #1,515 of 2,406
Finally contacted the Xudoo support via wechat.
He sent me a new display PLUS a display cable, and also asked his engineer to show how to open the box up and change the display.
Try to follow the steps and changed the display first, and no good.
Then try to replace the display cable as well, and the new display comes alive !!
20240229_193741.jpg

Now can enjoy the power of XD05PRO without any visual impairment.

Thanks for all bros who have guided and helped this round. Guess it s a good learning journey too.

Cheers 🍻
My main OLED display is burned after device resets on his own and stay 3 days untouched. Now I have static AKM background...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back