XDUoo XD05PRO
Feb 19, 2024 at 5:01 AM Post #1,456 of 2,372
Another 3h session and not getting too warm, only slightly warmer than with stock amp, EXT-power on Eco-mode. But nothing to worry about in the slightest...

@nioh It would be interesting to see if your device runs cooler now in Turbo-mode, with the Sparkos installation without riser.

Feb 19, 2024 at 5:54 AM Post #1,457 of 2,372
Another 3h session and not getting too warm, only slightly warmer than with stock amp, EXT-power on Eco-mode. But nothing to worry about in the slightest...

@nioh It would be interesting to see if your device runs cooler now in Turbo-mode, with the Sparkos installation without riser.
I use it in Normal gain mode. Turbo seems to add too much noise to my headphones and IEMs which are all easily driveable. Normal used to get quite warm after some time. I’ll check later today if removing the risers has made a difference and report back.

Feb 19, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #1,458 of 2,372
What Op Amp would you guys say is the overall best sounding for the XD-05 Pro? I know it's subjective, but I am hearing lots of the SS3602. And it fits perfectly if you cut the little stand things on the sides? So no need of a riser at all?

Feb 19, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #1,460 of 2,372
I use it in Normal gain mode. Turbo seems to add too much noise to my headphones and IEMs which are all easily driveable. Normal used to get quite warm after some time. I’ll check later today if removing the risers has made a difference and report back.
Update as promised: After some hours of use, heat produced definitely seems to be lesser than before on Normal mode. So yes removing the risers was indeed a good idea ! The back part where the op-amps are located is barely warm to the touch. The middle and top are warm, but less warm than before for sure.

Feb 20, 2024 at 5:18 AM Post #1,461 of 2,372
Xduoo Xd05 Pro vs Ibasso Dc Elite? Help me, please :)

Feb 20, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #1,463 of 2,372
Absolutely different devices for different purposes 🙄
+ I doubt the DC Elite can compete with the XD05Pro. I’ve heard great things about it but it’s still a dongle and it has it’s limitations as opposed to a full-blown flagship portable DAC/AMP.

One thing to note here is that neither of them support UAC 1.0 and so you cannot use them with consoles.

Feb 20, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #1,464 of 2,372
I'm curious what going to happen if I put two different brand OP-AMPs in XD05PRO? 🤔 Is there going to be different sound from left and right channel, or just overall different sound signature? 🤔

Feb 20, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #1,465 of 2,372
I'm curious what going to happen if I put two different brand OP-AMPs in XD05PRO? 🤔 Is there going to be different sound from left and right channel, or just overall different sound signature? 🤔

In my opinion, only the left/right sound changes, which I personally would struggle to identify in the context of normal music listening.

However, volume imbalances could arise, and even I would be able to hear them 😂

Feb 20, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #1,466 of 2,372
In my opinion, only the left/right sound changes, which I personally would struggle to identify in the context of normal music listening.

However, volume imbalances could arise, and even I would be able to hear them 😂
Actually, I did it once. One is a Lieewho SA200 and another BurrBrown. The SA200 is too large to fit both in without significant modifications. I could tell the left and right were different mostly because there was always a slight pop on the SA200 when the unit was turned on or off. The sound balance and signature were both not distinguishable as the left and right channels were blended in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back